Price check on used (but somewhat unique) CE24's?

IRG

I was scanning Reverb yesterday, to see the price of used CE24 models, and asking prices are higher than I expected, but asking and getting are two completely different things. But it seems like the low end listed, about $1700, with many in the $2k range which seems kinda high, but I guess new price now is $2300+ tax maybe?

Anyways, for a couple of reasons, I'm considering listing mine, but it's color is unique which could be a turn off, or a bonus, which is why I bought it (late 2019, just as Covid hit). It's antique white top, with natural body on back/sides. I don't see any like it on Reverb right now. I'll try local first to see if there's a market, but worse comes to worse, I might go Reverb (if I sell it at all). So bottom line, does a unique color help, or hurt resale? Depends on the color I suppose.

Unfortunately white is one of the least desirable colors and harder to sell. I have a friend that got a great deal on a white DGT I found for him at a local shop about 5 years ago. Occasionally you will find someone that loves it but that isn't going to be the average person. If it were me, I would probably price it about $500 less than new if it is in great condition. You can always come down a little for a cash sale, like outside of Reverb, if needed. If you are seeing them in the 2k range they are probably setting. You could try $1900 and if it doesn't move come down a little more.

I'd buy a white one, especially with the natural back and sides, because I LOVE that combination, but I'm not in buying mode.

I considered ordering a PS with a white top and an African mahogany back, but wound up getting mine from dealer stock. I wouldn't price it less. I'd bet I'm not alone.

I wouldn't go less either for white and natural back. Hot combo. The thing is CE values vary widely and in my experience is a model that doesn't hold value very well at all. I'm not big on posting prices, new or used, but I see them frequently for far less than numbers being thrown out. I'll admit I look at guitars for sale way more than I should on multiple platforms all over the country and a used CE is one of the best PRS values out there.

Last edited:
White guitars are sexy. Black too by the way ;-). Prefer these two opaque colors over all other opaque finishes, although gold looks cool too on a SC.

Anyway: I'd gig that. And I guess it will
look better than my 92 three color sunburst CE (what was I thinking? plays and sounds great though)

I love white and the natural back is a bonus. Price it where you feel you get some interest and see what happens.

I’ve seen one like mine in all solid white and I wasn’t a fan, but white top only, I became a big fan, odd how that is. I also have a Gibson Lp Classic in ebony, all black, and I often wish it was a black top only, with natural wood sides and back, but those are very rare and seem to be custom order only. Which seems weird.

TYBFpCp.jpg

Hello,

New member here in the UK who is looking for a 1991ish CE24. Alder body, maple top, neck and rosewood fretboard with original pickups.

No preference on colour but would prefer black, red, blue or tobacco sunburst.

Any current owners thinking of selling theirs?

Chris P

Hello,

New member here in the UK who is looking for a 1991ish CE24. Alder body, maple top, neck and rosewood fretboard with original pickups.

Chris P
Hi Chris,

I have a 92, but it's a 22 fretter, and I'm not interested in selling. You want a 24 anyway. Just coming on to tell you it's an amazing guitar with amazing tone. You are wise to be looking for one. Good luck in the search.
50t8fWx.jpg

Hi Chris,

I have a 92, but it's a 22 fretter, and I'm not interested in selling. You want a 24 anyway. Just coming on to tell you it's an amazing guitar with amazing tone. You are wise to be looking for one. Good luck in the search.
50t8fWx.jpg
Joseph! How is that a 92? How have I missed that you’ve had this all these years?

Hello,

Chris P

Have you seen this one. It’s reduced -

Back