Pretty cool way to spend a grand!

To the OP:

Have you spoken with Wild West, regarding a return? I bought an RL Vela from them, and had an exceptional experience. They were 5 stars, across the board, for customer service. I would think they'd be happy to sort things out for you...unless your public posting on the internet of intentionally digging into the finish, to prove your point, makes any coverage they'd offer null and void? (This is assuming you dented the wood with a fingernail, as you mentioned. Or was that a 'hypothetical' statement?)

As for PRS...perhaps they're not understanding of what your grievance is. If it's just the finish...and they advertise it as being super thin and wood-grain friendly...then you got precisely what they said it would be.

If it's the pups, feel, playability, neck carve, etc that you don't care for...then you're in the same boat as the rest of us, who just didn't gel with a particular model.

I made a HUGE mistake on an R9 once, that my head told me I should love. Conventional wisdom suggested it would be my Grail guitar...but it sucked donkey balls. I hated it more than I hated the cold-handed doctor that gave me a prostate exam.

I chalked it up to that guitar just not being for me. I don't blame the seller...or Gibson...for that unfortunate debacle. That just wouldn't make any damned sense...especially since I simultaneously owned a smoking hot LP Trad that made me giddy like Sergio after leather wrapping a guitar, in his basement, while wearing fishnets.

Not picking a fight, sir. Just don't understand the public flogging of a guitar (and the builder), when it seems to be nothing more than the typical 'didn't bond with it' scenario.

To the OP:

Have you spoken with Wild West, regarding a return? I bought an RL Vela from them, and had an exceptional experience. They were 5 stars, across the board, for customer service. I would think they'd be happy to sort things out for you...unless your public posting on the internet of intentionally digging into the finish, to prove your point, makes any coverage they'd offer null and void? (This is assuming you dented the wood with a fingernail, as you mentioned. Or was that a 'hypothetical' statement?)

As for PRS...perhaps they're not understanding of what your grievance is. If it's just the finish...and they advertise it as being super thin and wood-grain friendly...then you got precisely what they said it would be.

If it's the pups, feel, playability, neck carve, etc that you don't care for...then you're in the same boat as the rest of us, who just didn't gel with a particular model.

I made a HUGE mistake on an R9 once, that my head told me I should love. Conventional wisdom suggested it would be my Grail guitar...but it sucked donkey balls. I hated it more than I hated the cold-handed doctor that gave me a prostate exam.

I chalked it up to that guitar just not being for me. I don't blame the seller...or Gibson...for that unfortunate debacle. That just wouldn't make any damned sense...especially since I simultaneously owned a smoking hot LP Trad that made me giddy like Sergio after leather wrapping a guitar, in his basement, while wearing fishnets.

Not picking a fight, sir. Just don't understand the public flogging of a guitar (and the builder), when it seems to be nothing more than the typical 'didn't bond with it' scenario.

This! Exactly, this!

I have reached out to PRS regarding my concerns. They all but told me to piss off. At least I know what kind of company they are now. Pretentious, overpriced guitars, built by a company with an inflated sense of entitlement. Dont waste your money.

I realize my post is harsh, but it's still fresh. I've pleaded with PRS to at least make the finish right, but get the "finish is thin to increase the tonal response of the wood" response. I already own a quality PRS guitar and recognize a huge difference in finish quality.

I also did not realize this was a forum for PRS enthusiasts only, but rather to discuss the guitars in general.

This is indeed a forum that does not shy away from honest opinions, be they positive or negative, provided they are delivered without undue animosity.

The naked vitriol in your first post is unnecessary to a productive discussion and wholly unwanted. Please find a way to make your points without the obvious hyperbole.

Back