Praise for the not-so-new PRS guitars

All 2005 or earlier, and all fantastic guitars. I've almost put the SC up on the chopping block, but it plays so well, I think I just need to put better pickups in it (in my book, pre-57/08 PRSi need post-57/08 pickups):

prs03.png

prs02.png

prs04.png

prs07.png

Beautiful guitars! Agree on the pickups.

All 2005 or earlier, and all fantastic guitars. I've almost put the SC up on the chopping block, but it plays so well, I think I just need to put better pickups in it (in my book, pre-57/08 PRSi need post-57/08 pickups):

prs03.png

prs02.png

prs04.png

prs07.png

Holy smokes!!! Each one is a master piece!!!

Beautiful guitars! Agree on the pickups.

As picky as I am about certain things, and while I agree on the pups as a whole, I liked all of my old PRS pups too! Dragon 2s and ARTIST series I could get along fine with. 57/08s remain my favorite all around PRS pups however. No longer playing any hard rock, the LTs are best suited for me now.

The oldest one I own is an '88 Custom 24. The pickup pocket says "NAMM" so I'm guessing it was a NAMM model which is extra cool. I could tell it was special even before that because there's no filler around the birds, real clean cuts.

IMG_0653%2B3.JPG

IMG_9772.JPG

The oldest one I own is an '88 Custom 24. The pickup pocket says "NAMM" so I'm guessing it was a NAMM model which is extra cool. I could tell it was special even before that because there's no filler around the birds, real clean cuts.

IMG_0653%2B3.JPG

IMG_9772.JPG

Wow. I have always wanted an earlier PRS with birds, a dark Braz board and the Emerald green color. Super nice.

Dude, the old CEs for sure

The new ones don't hold a candle to them, as nice as they are

The originals are excellent instruments and you seem to be able to scoop them up for insane prices

Yep, this all day long. Grabbed an 88 CE in Fire Red with blank back T&B's in it. Just a killer guitar, even better since I took it to Righteous Guitars and they shimmed the neck and got the action lowered.

8yKwzfO.jpg

Back