Pomegranite MR PC

I thought Dancing Frog had won the gold medal because I had a boars head turkey with cole slaw on it for lunch, but upon closer inspection, Michael is correct, its toothpaste, so he has won the grand prize! WHEW!! So maybe I am not turning into my father just yet after all! :rock:

Thanks for checking it out everyone. I want to try and do a short comparison of the two different guitars after i am done plowing out all my customers from this storm. Hopefully we do not lose electricity here, and everyone in the path of this thing stay inside, warm and safe. Its already a mess here in NJ and its just starting. I have 10 guys in here ready to go in about an hour. What fun.
Just for the record, toothpaste is only marginally better than food...either way you got crap fallin' outta your mouth on your shirt! Maybe toothpaste is worse, I mean, most people stand in front of a mirror when they brush. You should catch that! :laugh:

Tasty stuff on the vid(not your shirt), let's hears some cranked amp volumes! I love loud clean amp tones for guys that can really play jazz like yourself.

Just for the record, toothpaste is only marginally better than food...either way you got crap fallin' outta your mouth on your shirt! Maybe toothpaste is worse, I mean, most people stand in front of a mirror when they brush. You should catch that! :laugh:

Tasty stuff on the vid(not your shirt), let's hears some cranked amp volumes! I love loud clean amp tones for guys that can really play jazz like yourself.

Well, here is one with some overdriven tones showing some different pup settings. As I say in the beginning, the guitar really does sound exceptional, as does every PRS I have ever owned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet tone and, yeah, I wish I could play like that! :congrats:

Hey les,

I get lost several times as the backing is way to low in the room. I needed headphones, but its one take and there is some decent things in there. In any case, the tone can not be faulted. As I have always said, these things sound as good to me as any guitar, ever made, regardless of price or year. PRS makes a hell of a guitar.

Here is a nice comparison between my #1 (my blue one that is semi hollow with an ebony board and mohagany neck) and the new purple monster thats chambered with brazzy neck and board. same pups in both, 57/08s which I love. Last video I promise!

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the sound a looks of both Tag. However, I prefer the blue one as well based upon what I heard.

Love the sound a looks of both Tag. However, I prefer the blue one as well based upon what I heard.

Hey Steve,
They both sound great, but the full semi hollow is the sound I love the most. (Blue one) You lose a LITTLE sustain, but get a much rounder tone, especially on the high E and B strings. It takes that "pointed" sound out. However, Mr Purple does have chambering, and rounds that out pretty well too. I wish I had a solid one here to compare, but I have no use for solid guitars anymore. The one I sold (Sky blue with F hole) probably had the best sound of all of them. Hopefully someday I can order another like that one. See how the economy turns out this year. Up turn in the economy, up turn in in how many guitars I own. :tongue:

Loved your playing and that Dumblish/Fordish style and tone. Really refreshing...
But I gotta say I was distracted by the pomegranate painted walls in the background. :laugh::vroam:

I like them both a lot, Tag.

Despite their similarities, clearly each has a unique voice, and that's only a great thing to let you explore the territory you like.

I still wish I had your talent on the instrument.

Loved your playing and that Dumblish/Fordish style and tone. Really refreshing...
But I gotta say I was distracted by the pomegranate painted walls in the background. :laugh::vroam:

Ha! Thats my artist girfriends color choice, I had no say in the manner even though its my house. Typical female! Each wall is different color. Great for migraine headaches!

I like them both a lot, Tag.

Despite their similarities, clearly each has a unique voice, and that's only a great thing to let you explore the territory you like.

I still wish I had your talent on the instrument.

Wow, that sounds really cool!

Glad you dug it guys, and Les....no talent here. Hours and hours of sweat and hard work to get to the intermediate level I am now. Gallons and gallons of hours of work still to do to become really good. I will keep trying though! So many great players all over the net its mind boggling. I think I could get almost anyone to my level in 20% of the time it took me. The one thing I can say I am good at is looking back, seeing where I went wrong, what mistakes I made, what slowed my progress, and not making the same mistakes moving forward. At 54 I still have a strong drive to become a great player. I feel that almost anyone can do that with the right guidance and practice habits. There are WAY to many GREAT players when you look across all the different instruments on even just a few internet sites. There are either thousands and thousands of REALLY talented people, or its just a matter of going about it the right way. Really talented people get there a lot faster, but most people can get close with hard work. Its putting in the hard work, then letting it go and work on making music. Not the technicalities most guitarists get caught up in. THATS the biggest rut and progression killer that guitar players, including myself of course, get stuck in. I was taught this and had it drilled into me by great teachers, but refused to believe it. Not until I finally let it go was I able to start "playing". But now I am way off topic, sorry for the rant. I love listening to other players and seeing (hearing) them improve though. I would really like to help as many people avoid the mistakes I made. It would take years and years off of the time it takes many to get to a point they did not think they would ever reach.

Last edited:
Tag, I know it's a lot of sweat and hard work - something I put in on keys for lots more time than guitar because that's where I started my musical journey. But my love for the guitar has grown over the years. I try to create good parts, play them in a musical way, and more or less leave it at that. And of course, I do practice keys, guitar, and writing daily.

I should probably come on here and blab less!

The notes just really jump off the fretboard with the blue one. Just really nice.

Good ear! Thats the ebony fretboard for sure. You can feel it instantly. Harder to play at first, but once you adjust, its almost impossible to beat. There is something about an ebony fretboard that just looks, sounds and feels like "this is as good as it gets". At least to me. :) Its in the clarity of the notes.

Back