Please Tell me its worth it!!!

peplogic

I ordered my first prs december 2018 through sweetwater.

Its a 594 AP....I was supposed to get it feb 5th....but was just advised it now will be late may.

I was told...i will get the nitro finish.
I was told...i will get the new tci pick ups
I was told i will keep the locking tuners

May will be 17 months...tell me it will be worth it!!!

While "worth" is all subjective, me, personally, would say "yes, it is worth the wait." But that's me....I don't mind waiting for quality products and, again personally, feel that PRS's quality is worth the wait. Others may feel differently.

I will say the new finish is fantastic and I much prefer it over the previous finish in feel, look, and resonance. I haven't had a chance to put the new TCI'd pickups through their paces in a band setting yet, but I do like their balance in my Custom 24. The split sounds are incredible.

Don't lose faith...PRS is super-back logged right now (another member waited almost 2 years for their 24-08, perhaps they will chime in) and things are just taking longer to get out the door.

Good luck on your wait!

This is like asking a barber if you need a haircut but, yeah, worth it.

Not sure if you get the 2020 finish and pickups that the 2019 tuners will be on it, but I’ll wait for you to tell us how that plays out. Either way, you’ll still have no regrets.

The silver lining is that you'll get all the up-to-date goodies -- so you won't have bought a 2018 and then have to agonize over whether to buy a 2020 for the upgrades.

The waiting sucks (I'm trying mostly successfully to forget that I'm waiting too) but I think after the fact you'll be happy.

Last edited:
It's not worth it.
A year and a half waiting for something that still had to born.
What if there will be something you don't like? Flame maple top, pickups, the neck...
You did not had the opportunity to try some of them from a dealer near you?

Enjoy the anticipation while you can, you only ever have one chance to get your first PRS.

I ordered my first PRS back in 1989, it took like 18 months before I got it, it was my sole guitar for over 15 years. Everything else I played paled in comparison, and I worked at a guitar store for 6 years of that time.

These new 2020 models are hitting it out of the park from what I have been hearing, it's looking like a banner year for PRSi.

You can always have yourself placed into a medically-induced coma to pass the time. Have your sales person at Sweetwater call the doctors to revive you once they receive the guitar.

Problem solved.

Back