Please Help

Monk

I am planning to buy Prs custom 24 floyd edition
it comes with pattern thin neck
can anyone please tell me the difference between pattern thin and pattern regular neck profiles
also (i have both classical and acoustic guitars and i find classical guitar neck ie broad necks to be quite comfortable esp for chords, )
what do you suggest keeping that factor in mind

There are specs on the prs website.
Pattern thin is more like a gibson 60's taper
Pattern regular is more like a Gibson les Paul standard.

If you are comfortable with an acoustic neck then regular would be more to your liking. I however don't care eeither way as is easy to go back and forth

The W/T has a slightly wider nut width (1 11/16" vs 1 21/32"), but it is considerably shallower in depth. About 0.84" on Regular, which is medium. W/T is about 0.78", which is thin.

You will probably like the width of the W/T. 1 11/16" is a standard nut width for electric guitars, as used by PRS (except Regular profile), Gibson, many modern Fender designs.

I have only one PRS with a pattern thin neck - & I wish it were on all of my PRS's. I have small hands and fingers however.

If you have a dealer nearby, you might want to go play a few PRS's with different neck sizes even if they don't have the model you want.

Back