Pattern regular necks for CU24/24-08

CivoLee

Hello all, I am a newcomer to the PRS clan, having only had an SE Standard 24 and now a used '92 Standard 24. I would've joined up around 2011/12, but the Les Paul bug caught me instead. I got an Epiphone Standard, then a Tokai Love Rock (because I couldn't afford a full spec gloss with binding LP from Gibson). I got the SE as a backup for gigs and to have a guitar with a whammy bar. After selling the Love Rock to help pay off my student loans, it became my main guitar, and made me realize a PRS is a better guitar for the kind of music I make (punk-ish alternative rock with touches of ambient and prog). I still like Les Pauls, but not as a main guitar.

Someday I'd like to have a Custom 24 in Charcoal Cherry Burst, but they only seem to be offered with Pattern Thin necks after having previously been offered with both Pattern Thin and Pattern Regular necks. I find the regular neck on my core Standard more comfortable than the Wide Thin on my SE was. Are there any plans to offer both necks again once the economy/supply chain normalizes a bit? It seemed like the CU24 had always been offered with both necks until this year.

I mean, I suppose I could try out a Pattern Thin when I get in the market for a CU24 (which won't be for a while); after all I did get used to the Wide Thin on the SE after being more used to the thicker neck on the Love Rock. Or I could try to find one secondhand, but I want to support the company and there's no feeling like being a guitar's first owner...

Back