Please Help Me Identify this PRS

hhuffman

Good Evening,

I found a great deal on the following guitar and am hoping you can fill in some details before I pull the trigger. You can see from the serial number so it's a [UPDATED YEAR] 2000 Custom 24, and has a 10 top. From that info and the photos does anyone know which pickups are in this, or if there is anything out of the ordinary with the neck, fretboard, etc?

Thank you,
Heath (excited to become a member of the PRS owners club!)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
No way to know for sure unless you pull them. If they haven't been changed you can post the MODCAT code off the hang tag (if it hasn't been lost) and we'll decode it for you.

If I had to guess... HFS and Vintage Bass pickups.

And... welcome to the forum!

2000 not 2010

Really? I thought the serial number wasn't that high yet in 2000? One serial number thread I read said they didn't hit 25,000 units until 2005 (this would be 46.905th guitar)

UPDATE: Sorry, I think you are absolutely right. After further review it looks like it was made in early 2000.

So now I know it's a decade older than I thought it was, is there anything I should know about this 13 year old guitar different then if it was a 2010?

Thanks again,
Heath

Last edited:
.. is there anything I should know about this 13 year old guitar different then if it was a 2010?

It's a 2000. It may have had the 5 way rotary switch when original and had been changed to a 3 way toggle. You should pull the bridge pup and get the MODCAT from the sticker under there to know. The color looks to be a teal or faded emerald green.

Back