Help me identify this CU22

Strap buttons have been changed

What an eye!
In fact, seeing other Custom 22s, it seems to me that the strap locks are different, smaller.

whs5nkvftocygbptdjn7.jpg

It looks very much legit. Yes, the strap buttons have been changed, but likely the pickups have been, too--by the time PRS went to the open-back Phase III tuners and the Volume + 5-way-switch + Tone control layout, the pickups were usually black uncovered ones. (I don't think the Dragon II's ever came with a 5-way lever switch.)

Again, as most have said, the first 2 digits on the back of the headstock will tell you most of what you need to know from there.

What an eye!
In fact, seeing other Custom 22s, it seems to me that the strap locks are different, smaller.
There's actually several distinct differences between the maroon one and that blue one. But both are consistent with different years/styles of the Custom 22 model throughout the years.

Yep, strap buttons changed.

It's going to be somewhere between 2013 and 2015. They killed off the model in 2009 and brought it back in 2013. This one has the ginormous signature so it's at least a 2013. By 2016 they changed back to a more reasonable signature.

You can see the "57" etched on the neck pickup, so it looks like a set of 57/08 pickups, which were offered on the CU22 for a bit after they brought it back for 2013. But they're probably the most popular aftermarket PRS pickups, so you'd need to see the hang tag or MODCAT to be certain about what it came with originally.

As others have said, the serial number will tell the year for sure. I wanna say that blurry view of the back shows a "14" on the headstock.

Cool guitar, i have a distant cousin of that one. Same colour, different bridge and birds. The headstock veneer, blade switch and phase 3 tuners indicates a relative new model.

Definately the real deal, control plate can be obtaines cheaply, and if the price is right probably a guitar you will enjoy for quite some time!

Ok, I got the serial number. Where I can find infos about the guitar? Isn't there a link where I can enter the serial number, and get body and neck material, pickups, neck profile, etc...?
Should I email PRS?

I found this one, but it gives the year of manufacturing only.
You would want to email PRS customer service with the serial number. They will send you back the specs on the guitar. To look it up yourself you would need the MODCAT. Someone wrote a MODCAT decoder that is out there on the net.

Back