Please help identify my PRS model and year

Another issue arises. As you can see the tuners are missing...
I emailed a local shop and they suggested two options for the replacements (that they think will fit without drilling any more holes) :
1. Schaller
2. Hipshot (Locking Tuners)

What do you guys think I should go for?
I like Schaller because they come with black tuning knobs and because of the fact that they used to produce for PRS (is that correct?).
But the problem is they don't lock.. with a tremolo do you think that could be problematic?

107423331_580621719323687_5958083491453238443_n.jpg

107515299_993476127773481_3764945639498859827_n.png

Schaller did produce the earlier Phase I tuners. The Phase I version on your guitar are made by Gotoh.

For what to buy: If you want it to be as close to original, the ones Stephen J posted are the way to go. Or you can go for PRS Phase II tuners if you want to keep with the brand.

Looks like you're in Thailand? I would buy the Hipshots because they work great, are light weight, and available. I'll just about always take locking tuners over non-locking. It could be a pain to get the PRS tuners imported.

Schaller did produce the earlier Phase I tuners. The Phase I version on your guitar are made by Gotoh.

For what to buy: If you want it to be as close to original, the ones Stephen J posted are the way to go. Or you can go for PRS Phase II tuners if you want to keep with the brand.

Looks like you're in Thailand? I would buy the Hipshots because they work great, are light weight, and available. I'll just about always take locking tuners over non-locking. It could be a pain to get the PRS tuners imported.

God you are right about everything even my country haha. I foresee that this restoration project is going to cost me a fortune.

Back