Playing Joe Perry's Rig

maplebaby

I had the unbelievable privilege to spend a day with Aerosmith in Cincinnati, 7/22/14 due to the kindness of Joe Perry's Guitar Tech, Mr. Foster. What an amazing thrill to get to play sound check with the techs of the band - all pro players - using Joe Perry's rig. I apologize for the audio quality as the volume of these amazing rigs easily overwhelmed the mic on our camera. Aerosmith has been a band for 44 years with the same 5 members - their influence on me as a young guitar player was tremendous as it has been for so many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tXXI3Qyxk4

Wow, that must have been a huge thrill. Awesome!

Well, that ones checked off the bucket list… what an opportunity!!!!

Last edited:
thanks gentlemen for giving your time to check this out! It really was a dream day made possible by Joe's tech - he's such a great tech and person - i'm honored to call him a friend.

The guitar was Gibson's Sig model of Joe's 59 LP. I think ones like his, aged and signed, were are 14K which IMO is crazy money but this was a GREAT feeling and sounding guitar - i hated to say good-bye to it!

it was surreal really - like many of us grew up listening and trying to figure out what i was hearing! Thanks for sharing your time to check this out, dale.

Back