Pickups For PRS SE Floyd Custom 24

I will check out the 59/09 combo.

SD antiquities may also be an option.
Those are two very different pickups. Antiquities are in my SE245 and RL Vela and sound exquisite. Compared to the 59/09, they're very vintage with a touch of natural compression and take gain very well. These are the two pickups I use in very different guitars for a lot of band work.

Great info. Based on that I'm leaning more towards the antiquities. The things I don't like about the stock pickups is the modern sound and the high output of the bridge. The neck pickup I can live with.

Is there any difference in clarity in the these?

Im about to commit blasphemy to most of you and putting emg 57/66's in my se, cant wait. changing the bridge saddles, the nut and locking tuners, all ready to go just working out with a guy to help install. the 57 is incredible, clear, articulate, and powerful. im a metalhead but who also loves rush and other progressive music. weve done it before, my guys, put actives in an se and s2. the right set and its unreal sounding, soooo alive and powerful. cheers.

I can appreciate that, but if you ever encounter the emg 57 out there in the world mess around with em, theyre pretty amazing, have a passive voice with active power.

For passives ive played mostly one of a number of seymour duncans.

Cheers

I’m going to plug the Bareknuckle Stormy Mondays I have in my SE 24. I think they sound pretty good. I’m no gigging musician, but my friend played my SE at a gig and he loved the tone.

This guy has been playing jazz professionally for over 20 years. He has asked me to reproduce the SE 24 for him.

Interesting. Are they spaced for a Floyd?

As mine is 25" scale, are these pickups bright or dark sounding?

Back