Pickup Volume Difference

DuncanCE22

I installed some \m/ pickups in my CE22 today and there seems to be a difference in volume between the two pickups. I can't tell if the bridge is too loud or the neck is too quiet. I have set the pickup height at what I always do but I haven't touched the pole pieces. It is less apparent with some high gain.

Anyone experienced this before? is it even a problem or is that just how they are?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i will say the bridge has ALOT of output so i could see with the right amp settings that pushing the amp just enough to make an audible difference depending on where the gain and volume are all set. i found with my \m/ bridge pup i liked it a bit lower than it came stock. if u want to be very sure and u have some basic recording software and an interface record two samples back to back one each of the neck and bridge pup and/or check the input levels. i can almost guarantee there is a free plugin out there that will analyze volume, in fact check out melba or melda something like that free effects bundle they have quite a few free plugins i have used some in the past

So I spent a good while last night playing around with it and I'm sure its a low output on the neck pickup. I'm starting to think it could be some dodgy soldering on my behalf, after all this was my first time soldering guitar parts, my soldering experience up until now has always been car audio systems. so I may try and re do all the soldering again today and see if that improves it.

Back