Pickup height maxed out

JElliott49

Hey,
I recently put some Seymour Duncan pickups in my CU24 along with new PRS black pickup rings. My problem is that I can't adjust my pickups to the height I want them. When they get to a certain height there is strain on the pickup rings and they begin to bend (Pics attached). I'm new to swapping out pickups so sorry if whats wrong is really obvious. Any help would be great, thanks.

szliqjX.jpg
szliqjX.jpg

FeNrMOi.jpg

stqEEPy.jpg

Did you happen to use the old screws you took out, or the new ones that came with your new pickups? I ask because the new screws may be too long and are bottoming out on the pick up cavity thereby pushing the rings up. I recently put some Bare Knuckle pickups in one of my PRSes and had to use the old screws because the new ones were too long.

Last edited:
Seems like Bodia has the right idea...
Unless the springs are totally compressed, and still are too tall and pushing up the plastic ring.

Did you happen to use the old screws you took out, or the new ones that came with your new pickups? I ask because the new screws may be too long and are bottoming out on the pick up cavity thereby pushing the rings up. I recently put some Bare Knuckle pickups in one of my PRSes and had to use the old screws because the new ones were too long.
I used the original pickup screws. I just found the screws and springs which came with the pickups and they look shorter. I'll try swapping them out.

Last edited:
Back