Phil X PRS Private Stock

Phil X is friggin great. Killer musician and his humor makes his fretted america videos are real pleasure to watch. He actually does quite a bit in a ten minute video to give a nice idea of whatever piece of gear he's demoíng.

I like that he gets that he's demoing a guitar for rockers and not a $3000 bottle of rare wine. Also I like how he's now actually playing each guitar with his band.

426bee17670bb63f01263da546edff0849cbfc7d2cb6e07e7bdca42cbeee84b8.jpg

Finally watched this a while ago...
The guitar is beautiful...with an odd h/s inlay. Didn't really catch the story on that...???
Phil can obviously play, and knows a lot of tunes...
...I just wish he was a bit less obnoxious and spastic. I have a hard time watching him for more than a few minutes... just my opinion....

...I just wish he was a bit less obnoxious and spastic. I have a hard time watching him for more than a few minutes... just my opinion....

You're not a marketing professional, are you? :vroam:

(That slapping sound you just heard was just Jamie face-palming...)

Lol, that dude is funny... but dammit another channel to browse?! I suppose ill start watching them after I finish everything I wanna watch from Rob Chapman.

But I love that guitar, reminds me of my old dining table that had a killer wood grain like that... unfortunately the Dept of Defense hires morons for movers and they managed to break it :-(

Last edited:
I love his reviews , especially after a few glasses of St. Bernardus Abt 12 . Dude doesn't take himself to serious and you can tell he genuinely has fun playing and reviewing .

It's old school rock n' roll brother! :)

yeah... I know... like a few too many years of getting punched in the head... still entertaining in his own way.
But then I spend way too much time watching Chappers & Captain Lee and Greg Koch @ Wildwood...that guy just amazes me, and they all get to be a bit obnoxious sometimes too.
It's all good.... ROCK!:beer:

I dig Phil X. I have a couple of his band's cds (The Drills). I thought he did amazingly well subbing for Sambora.

Not to mention a lot of session work and ghosting for a lot of rock and pop acts. And he does a lot of it with an LTD Vyper and a Bad Monkey pedal.

So is that actually his guitar or is he just demoing it? He does say he's not crazy about it in his comments..................

Back