Phil X PRS Private Stock

All of the guitars are owned by Fretted America, a seller of rare and vintage guitars. A few years back they brought Phil in to demo the guitars and the rest is YouTube history.
In regards to him not being thrilled with PRS it's nothing new in the world of guitars. There are those that don't like PRS as there are those who hate Fenders or Gibsons. To me a lot of the vintage and classic guitars he demos are turkeys, but he does manage to wring out of them whatever tones are there.

Just asking, would suck to commission a PS and then not like it.....................................

The guitar is beautiful...with an odd h/s inlay. Didn't really catch the story on that...???
Nobody did, he didn't stand still long enough to see it, and obviously didn't do any planning.
..I just wish he was a bit less obnoxious and spastic. I have a hard time watching him for more than a few minutes... just my opinion....
Me too, I had to stop watching. He was too busy enjoying himself. Kind of reminded me of watching skateboarding at X-games. Extra points for goofs.
Sorry.

Also, after the ad, it was .30 in before it got to the report. It's freakin' YouTube, not the movies. [/rant]

Great guy fun to watch and listen too. Talented studio musician. The review was ok but the tone was bad

Fretted America includes a full description right below the video. Phil is just there to entertain, play and let people hear what the guitar sounds like.
2014 Paul Reed Smith 245S Private Stock "Green Man"
This PRS Private Stock '245S' weighs 8.90 lbs., and has a one-piece, PRS-shape offset single cutaway 13 inch wide, 1 7/8 inches deep, figured mahogany body with a stunning, sculptured two-piece, highly-figured book-matched cocobolo top with curly maple binding.
One-piece figured mahogany glued-in neck with a nut width of 1 11/16 inches, a wonderful medium-thick profile and a scale length of 24.75 inches. Single-action truss rod. Back angled three-on-a-side Brazilian mahogany veneered headstock with custom "Green Man" inlay consisting of gaspeite green, white mother of pearl, black onyx, charoite and purple stone. Brazilian rosewood, dome-shaped truss-rod cover, secured by one screw.
Individual open back PRS Phase lll locking tuners with hexagonal shaped Brazilian rosewood buttons. On the back of the headstock is the serial number "14 206991" and "Private Stock #4445 / 2.6.14 USA only / Paul Reed Smith" signature" and "Paul Miles" signature written in gold marker.
Brazilian rosewood fretboard with 22 jumbo frets and inlaid mother of pearl 'Bird' position markers. One Seymour Duncan SH-PG1N Pearly Gates 'Zebra' humbucker in the neck position and one Seymour Duncan SH-PG1B Pearly Gates 'Zebra' humbucker in the bridge position, with outputs of 6.96k and 7.88k respectively. Cream plastic pickup surrounds. Two volume controls (one for the two humbuckers and one for the piezo system), one tone control and a five-way pickup selector switch. One mini, three-way selector switch for switching between the humbuckers and the piezo. Dark amber plastic '12-sided' control knobs.
Combined PRS six-saddle bridge and tremolo system and PRS/LR Baggs piezo pickup unit. Inside the neck pickup cavity is a small rectangular sticker with the serial number "206991". Inside the bridge pickup cavity, in black marker is "DC #4445" and also the original bar-code tag. On the lower treble edge of the body are two jack inputs, one for all the pickups "Mix/Mag" and the other for the "Piezo". The active circuitry battery cover is fitted next to the inputs. On the back of the guitar the triangular black plastic control cover is secured by three screws and the black plastic tremolo cavity cover is secured by four screws. All hardware gold and nickel-plated. This amazing guitar is in mint, as new (9.50) condition. Complete with the original gold-plated tremolo arm with black plastic tip, Paul Reed Smith letter of authenticity, signed by Paul Reed Smith and Paul Miles, instruction manual, warranty, truss-rod adjustment tool and various other 'case candy'. Housed in the original three-latch, rectangular 'deluxe' brown leather hardshell case with black leather ends and brown plush lining (9.50).

Back