Petrol

Why? I put some great pickups in my SE Silver Skys and they beat the pants off of every Fender I own.
The Silver Sky is a kiiler axe, and both models are worth every cent and then some. But I went in a different direction with a Strat a few days ago, too.

I really wanted swamp ash and noiseless single coils for the recording I do - my room has a fair amount of electromagnetic interference. I had a couple of this maker's Strats in the '90s and liked them. Figured it was a relatively low-risk buy.

It's not a PRS, but at least the choice was fairly reasonable, given my preferences.

Yes, of COURSE I'll regret the whole thing and take my customary financial hit selling it! :rolleyes:

The Silver Sky is a kiiler axe, and both models are worth every cent and then some. But I went in a different direction with a Strat a few days ago, too.

I really wanted swamp ash and noiseless single coils for the recording I do - my room has a fair amount of electromagnetic interference. I had a couple of this maker's Strats in the '90s and liked them. Figured it was a relatively low-risk buy.

It's not a PRS, but at least the choice was fairly reasonable, given my preferences.

Yes, of COURSE I'll regret the whole thing and take my customary financial hit selling it! :rolleyes:
What’s the story with the DGT?

Petty reasons are the best ones

Lori Petty?

actor-lori-petty-252400_large.jpg

What’s the story with the DGT?
I'm getting the Strat instead. Here's the long story:

I've had 35-36 Core and PS PRSes, and have a handful of PRS electrics currently, 3 of which are PS models, plus the PS acoustic.

They're fantastic guitars. I'll never sell them. The electrics are also all the solid mahogany body, maple top, mahogany neck, humbucker PRSes I roll with every damn time.

On reflection, the DGT would have been a tiny bit different, but not all that different from my current PRS lineup. Didn't make 'studio sense'. Never mind that I absolutely loved the look of the DGT I originally picked!

At the end of the day, buying mostly for looks has been a formula for 'I'm selling/trading it'. My last 4 PRSes wound up on the block, and heck, they were gorgeous, and excellent sounding guitars!

So I felt something VERY different might be a good idea. It's a gamble. No Strats for me since 1998. It's probable that I'll give it to my son, the Strat player.

But I'm still buying it from Jack. He was cool with the change in plan. I'll admit I'm a little bit skeptical, but I'm sticking with the decision. I hope I don't hate it after a few weeks. It's not an inexpensive guitar!

Last edited:

I've had 35-36 Core and PS PRSes, and have a handful of PRS electrics currently, 3 of which are PS models, plus the PS acoustic.

They're fantastic guitars. I'll never sell them. The electrics are also all the solid mahogany body, maple top, mahogany neck, humbucker PRSes I roll with every damn time.

On reflection, the DGT would have been a tiny bit different, but not all that different from my current PRS lineup. Didn't make 'studio sense'. Never mind that I absolutely loved the look of the DGT I originally picked!

At the end of the day, buying mostly for looks has been a formula for 'I'm selling/trading it'. My last 4 PRSes wound up on the block, and heck, they were gorgeous, and excellent sounding guitars!

So I felt something VERY different might be a good idea. It's a gamble. No Strats for me since 1998. It's probable that I'll give it to my son, the Strat player.

But I'm still buying it from Jack. He was cool with the change in plan. I'll admit I'm a little bit skeptical, but I'm sticking with the decision. I hope I don't hate it after a few weeks. It's not an inexpensive guitar!
Makes perfect sense!

I Truly Hope This Works Out For You! It Would Be Cool If It Does!!

Back