Paul's bridge vs John Mann adjustable

I like the Shroeder adjustable bridge myself.

It also locks in place. He makes a straight back version as well, but I prefer the look of this one on a PRS. Sounds fantastic and feels great under your hand.

I have a Mann bridge but it doesn't fit snugly in either the PRS bridge posts or the bridge posts it came with. The stock bridge is a nice snug fit so the Mann lives in my parts drawer in case of emergencies as I wasn't impressed with the tolerance. The bridge is actually the second one I received, the first was even worse with regard to bridge post fit.

YMMV of course.

I like the Shroeder adjustable bridge myself.

It also locks in place. He makes a straight back version as well, but I prefer the look of this one on a PRS. Sounds fantastic and feels great under your hand.

I also prefer the tone of the Schroeder to the PRS adjustable, but prefer the one piece over both. The Schroeder is closer in tone to the one piece the factory adjustable IMO.

I have a Mann bridge but it doesn't fit snugly in either the PRS bridge posts or the bridge posts it came with. The stock bridge is a nice snug fit so the Mann lives in my parts drawer in case of emergencies as I wasn't impressed with the tolerance. The bridge is actually the second one I received, the first was even worse with regard to bridge post fit.

YMMV of course.

Your right, it does fit floppy which was shocking because their website said it would be solid, wouldn't fall off during string changes, etc. Not sure what the disconnect is, the box said it was the right one for the guitar, and came with new inserts and studs that were identical to what was on the guitar and fit them the same way???

Sounds like you've found out what I found out - the tolerance limits of the bridge production aren't matching up to John's expectations/specs.

Here is my problem ...
In the beginning I produced a batch of bridges which fit snugly on the studs. Apparently too smugly! I had customers telling me they could not get them on their guitar. So I opened up the tolerance so that they fit. Now it seems that I have too far in the other direction.

PRS 's tolerances in machining the stud holes adds to this issue, as well as setting the necks. Neck angles seem to vary slightly as well. Older guitars seem to have a shallower neck angle.

If you have purchased a bridge from and it's not working for you, I encourage you to contact me directly (via email or phone) and I will do my best to resolve your issue.

John,

Good on you for following up, thanks. It does not by any means fit poorly, just not snug without strings. Once strung up it is solid as a rock and sounds and feels great. It must be frustrating for you to chase a standard of others that you have to fit your product into.

I did not mean to imply I am unhappy with it because that is not at all the case, and I will say publicly I would not hesitate to get another from you if I get in another stoptail PRS.

Paul

Here is my problem ...
In the beginning I produced a batch of bridges which fit snugly on the studs. Apparently too smugly! I had customers telling me they could not get them on their guitar. So I opened up the tolerance so that they fit. Now it seems that I have too far in the other direction.

PRS 's tolerances in machining the stud holes adds to this issue, as well as setting the necks. Neck angles seem to vary slightly as well. Older guitars seem to have a shallower neck angle.

If you have purchased a bridge from and it's not working for you, I encourage you to contact me directly (via email or phone) and I will do my best to resolve your issue.

I've got 5 that I couldn't be happier with!

I presently have some on the shelve that look like this. Some with 3 brass intonated barrel saddles too.
More photos at www.photobucket.com/MannMadeUSA

100_00293.jpg

Back