Pattern Regular: which guitars?

TommyChung71

Some people can adapt to whatever neck they have, me, I seek out the perfect neck and stick with it. I purchased a S2 Custom 22 with Pattern Regular. I love it!

The hard part is I can't find any other PRS Guitars that have it except, S2 Vela and S2 Standard 24. I like the idea of possibly purchasing a Core model, but can't find the Patter Regular.

Does anyone know what other models have that neck? Possibly core?

It used to be an option on the Core Custom 24, I forget if they stopped it in 20 or 21, but if you can find a 19 or older Custom 24 you can potentially find a Pattern Regular.

I am also a huge fan of the Pattern Regular. Just verified, it's also on the S2 Standard 22...well, all the S2s except the 594.

Last edited:
I was trying to remember… was the Pattern Regular what they called what was originally the 513 carve? I know they kept it under another name. I think so and if it is, it’s a great neck carve, and combined with the 513 being one of a very few PRS models with the 25 1/4” scale, made for a really unique feel and tone in the line. Love mine.

The 509, NF3, and DC3 were the others with that scale.

Last edited:
I recently picked up a S2 Singlecut Semi-Hollow that plays as well as my 98 CE24, which is considered built as well as the core models and has the OP’s neck profile of choice. It feels different than the wide thin on the CE 22, and makes me play differently, but plays as well. Not as fancy a top, but plays as well if not better.

I also own a SE Tremonti Custom that I did extensive fretwork on that now plays as well as my other PRS guitars and looks as nice as my others. I know core models are in the elite of the PRS lineup, but why not just more S2’s. I am in the camp, that if it is a great playing PRS, I am content. I am looking into getting a S2 standard and modding it with adding a middle pickup. But to each his own. If it takes a core model to make you content, and you can find the neck profile of your liking, go for it.

Actually, the 98 CE is a core guitar. Try the S2 studio. It doesn’t sound like any other guitar I’ve ever played or owned. And you don’t have to modify it. I love mine.

Actually, the 98 CE is a core guitar. Try the S2 studio. It doesn’t sound like any other guitar I’ve ever played or owned. And you don’t have to modify it. I love mine.
Did I mention I am tight. I am interested in a S2 Studio. Trying to get as similar as I can via the S2 Standard 22 used route via a pick guard and pickup change. I have a brand new TV Jones pickup waiting to be put somewhere. The used Studio’s are quite a bit more costly for my tight-azz self.

Back