Part of inlay missing? and binding stain. I need help figuring out what these are.

RWMusic

I picked up a mid 90's McCarty recently. I know this is a almost 30 year old guitar so some scratches and scrapes are par for the course. However, I'm curious on a couple things I noticed and was hoping someone here could help me figure out if this is normal?

1. The 3rd fret inlay looks like part of one of the wings was clipped off. Not sure if this is an illusion, but it looks like an empty "impression" of the inlay wing extends past the right wing. Not sure if this is actually part of the rosewood, some type of inlay glue seeping out, or if the wing actually got cut off and is supposed to extend to fill that area.

2. Noticed a weird green stain on the binding of the guitar toward the bottom left in the front.. What is weird is that it seems prominant, but I did not notice this on any of the pictures of the guitar online before I purchased. I can't feel it when I run my finger over it, and can't scrape it off as it feels like it is under the clear coat.

Any idea what this might be?

9ddDTiX.jpg
cIgSCzv.jpg

They were all hand worked with some custom machines back then, right? I'd say this is some result of an early PRS. However, I am not an expert. I'd like those as it makes it easy to identify the guitar.

After further review…
@aphantomvaper must be correct. Chalk it up to the pre-CNC days human variances.
I pulled out my 94 Cu22 and took this closeup pic. Similar, but different inlay and route Compared to @RWMusic guitar.
All of my POST-CNC machine inlays are exact matches, however.

I Wonder If The Green Clear Coat Was A Repair That Went Sideways. If Not, Ride It Like You Stole It!

Back