P22 Bridge replacement pickups

thieves&foxes

I've had my P22 with 53/10's for quite some time love it, especially the neck pickup. Got my Singlecut Hollowbody II and it has become my number one guitar. the neck pickups on both guitars are fantastic (and my SE Korina One project guitar is shaping up nicely... more about this later)

The stuff my band and I play is Thrice, Minus the Bear, You me at six, Saosin, Project 86, Brand New, Flyleaf, Fightstar etc, the hollowbody (57/08's) through my SE 30 and pedal board sounds excellent, but my P22 played now by my brother doesnt have as much bite (playing through a Vox).

So first question can you change pickups on a P22 (remember reading somewhere you couldn't)

what would be a good option for just a little more bite and clarity?

59/09's are these closer to my 57/08's, the SC250's or should i just go the whole hog and get the \m/'s or Tremonti's?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

You're going to need to find a set of 4 conductor pickups if you want to swap them out and still use the 5-way rotary blade switch that it came with stock. Most PRS pickups are not 4-conductor so you don't really have the luxury of just buying whatever model you want. That being said, I just swapped both pickups out of my P24 Trem and dropped in the PRS \m/ set because those all come with 4-conductor wiring stock and since it's PRS to PRS the color codes match up, making the swap cake (as long as you have a steady had, the pins on the blade switch are a little tight! ;)). The \m/ set should cover what you're trying to do in the bridge position.

Back