Overpriced SE

That's got to be a pricing error. I'd be willing to guess that if you asked their sales staff, they'd correct that and repost the guitar, unless it were a celebrity guitar or something extraordinary about it that might warrant the cost....

Just happened to notice the flamed maple cap...something unusual in an otherwise standard model...?

I don't know US prices but I do know that is well over-priced - even if it does come with a hardcase. It maybe celebrity owned or maybe could be a prototype or something. Even if it does come with a hard case and upgraded electrics, nut, bridge, tuners etc that still would be over-priced

Yea, but they’re “The World’s Premiere Guitar Store”. You don’t get that kind of title by selling guitars for cheap. I mean, really...

Yea, but they’re “The World’s Premiere Guitar Store”. You don’t get that kind of title by selling guitars for cheap. I mean, really...

Gruhn's has good deals on other guitars and instruments fairly consistently. They are absolutely hopeless with PRS. And for that matter, not many stores here have anything to do with them anyways.

My personal motto of sorts for Nashville's guitar stores (particularly the 3 on 8th) is: Good deals are at Carter's, Good deals on bluegrass and semi-unusual are at Gruhn's, want to see some crazy clean vintage piece with all the papers and get sticker shock? Go to Rumble seat.

Moons? I'll give them a moon that they can kiss... That's ridiculous.

Sales clerk pages: "Manager to front store for price check scan of SE 245 with flame maple top, please..."

Sales manager calls front store: "I'm on a conference call, ask Dewey in Pro Audio to scan for you."

2 minutes later front store calls manager: "Dewey is on break and the assistant manager keeps walking away before I can flag him down. Is there someone else who can perform the price scan?"

Manager: "Ask Jeter in Accessories."

3 minutes later front store can't find anyone who can provide the correct information and calls the manager one more time..."Boss, no one knows what the actual price is without a verified price check scan...we need you here, please..."

3 minutes later, the sales manager arrives at front store, visibly peeved, and checks the sales price against his worksheet..."It's $450 because of the flamed maple cap. Where's the guy who was checking it out?"

Sales clerk says: "He left once he heard you mention our other employees' names and then read my name tag which says 'Howie.""

Back