Out of commission :(

Finger is all good now, less a few skin layers to rebuild over time. Thanks for all the well wishes.

Leather gloves while working outside...always. Not those girly garden gloves. Nice brown leather ones. Your digits will remain unscathed. Now, if you chop your entire arm off with a chainsaw, there isn't protection from that.
Wasn't wearing girly gardening gloves, these are cut resistant with thick rubber coating over the fingers and palms. I got them from work. Blades cut through those leather gloves just as easy when there's force exertion there. We use both types at work and I've seen razor blades go through both. It's really more about being smart and not putting your hands in the position for such injury. Trust me, there's always a way to prevent it. 9 times outta 10 someone is taking a shortcut or is in a hurry. I could've easily set this on the ground and cut through it and prevented the whole thing. I got lucky.

Kinda started this thread as a reminder to be smart and be safe. As guitar players, our hands are most important to us.

Glad it's healing well, Vaughn!

You're so right, we take our hands for granted -- I'll never do that again after having the nerve problem in my fretting hand (which seems to be improving very, very, very sloooooowwwwwwwlllllllllyyyyyyyyyy.........

My son tore a ligament in his finger last week, and has a tour to the UK coming up in a couple of weeks, but fortunately it's not his fretting hand. Still...

Haven't been on the GD forum for awhile - glad you Vaughn and others have healed. I am very paranoid about hand injuries and poison ivy / sumac

Back