Opinions needed/wanted..trying to choose.

dock44

Right now I have a Mira, 408, and SE Zach Meyers and Marsden. I have a Gibson ES 330 that I don't play....I have a Heritage Prospect and a 339 that I play way more......so I'm going to trade in the 330 towards another PRS and have narrowed it down to 4 right now. A new, though older year CU 22 w/ Dragon IIs and 5 way rotary switching in Vintage Natural, a P22 Trem in Livingston Lemonburst, a Studio in Black Gold, and a DGT in Obsidian.

what say you?

Obsidian automatically wins every time in my book

That DGT is right sexy!

Why not something semi or fully hollow? I think the SC HB II our one of the all-time greatest guitars.

The middle pickup in combination with the other pickups on the Studio will give you something you don't already have. So will the DGT and the P22.

If it's a beauty contest, you're on your own. ;)

Hands down it's the DGT, that finish alone!!!, and you already know they all are gonna play well. I had a cu22 with dragon IIs, if you want the serious metal sound, they'll do it better than most, the DGT has a more vintage vibe.

What year is the P22? Or phrased another way, what pickups does it have? If it's a first-year model it'll have 53/10s. That would then be my choice - a no-brainer for me.

You're looking at a few guitars with different neck carves - that will be worth looking into. The P22 has a Pattern Regular which won't be as wide as the others.

Not sure on the P22 year but think it has the 57/08s

What year is the P22? Or phrased another way, what pickups does it have? If it's a first-year model it'll have 53/10s. That would then be my choice - a no-brainer for me.

You're looking at a few guitars with different neck carves - that will be worth looking into. The P22 has a Pattern Regular which won't be as wide as the others.

I love them but already have a 339, Heritage Prospect and the Zach Meyers. The DGT is pulling at me the hardest too right now

That DGT is right sexy!

Why not something semi or fully hollow? I think the SC HB II our one of the all-time greatest guitars.

I love them but already have a 339, Heritage Prospect and the Zach Meyers. The DGT is pulling at me the hardest too right now

Better order it before I do! Lol I'd argue its top came from the very same tree that my custom 24 In obsidian did.

How's that for enabling? ;)

Appears the Obsidian DGT may have been snatched today. I'm going to see if he can order me one for the same price. If not, it's down to the P22 trem, or this CU 24 wood library top and brazilian board with 57/08 neck and 59/09 bridge......... or there is a tobacco sunburst ten top DGT too. hmmmmmmmmm?

Last edited:
I love the classic vibe of the tobacco sunburst DGT, but then, I tend to go for the brown and honey colors. Well, OK, I almost ALWAYS do that. ;) As time goes on, you know it'll get lovelier and lovelier as the colors age,

Obsidian is one of those colors I'm not sure about. I suppose on the right guitar it'd be cool...

Frankly, if you don't need the acoustic sound, or middle pickup quack, you have a lot of bases covered between the Mira and the 408. So I'd pick the DGT most likely.

Last edited:
I agree.......really leaning towards the DGT. They have two tobacco sunbursts.......the ten top I posted and another non ten top. They also have one gold top DGT. I already took him my Gibby 330 so have 2K credit towards whatever I choose. I think I'll wait until I get my tax return and see then if anything new has come in stock....if not, I'll most likely grab one of those DGTs. :)

I like the classic vibe of the tobacco sunburst DGT a lot, but then, I tend to go for the brown and honey colors. Well, OK, I almost ALWAYS do that. ;)

Obsidian is one of those colors I'm not sure about. I suppose on the right guitar it'd be cool...

Frankly, if you don't need the acoustic sound, you have a lot of bases covered between the Mira and the 408. So I'd pick the DGT most likely.

Back