Oops, I Did It Again… Again. NGD enroute…

Yeah!!! That’s awesome Rick! Glad you found the one (or one like it) that got away. I love white guitars! I don’t have any but I love them! Congrats on the score buddy!

P. S. I think the late queen would approve! Hmm…does that mean I should name my newest acquisition “King Charles III”? Since it won’t be here until Monday?;)

But how many pounds is it? It can't possibly be as light as your HBII!! Congrats on a great score and long live (or at least stay in your possession) Elizabeth III!!!

If it’s the same as the last one, it’ll be midway between the HB and something like my 513. Light Strat weight, if you know what I mean.

Congrats !!!! Sweet Guitar
Always wondered what a NF3 sounded like

It’s hard to explain without hearing it. Nice and clear tone, similar to old humbuckers with better clarity. Almost single coil in that sense, especially in the two and four positions. It’ll surprise you. It’s fuller than a single, a little P90-ish but not as mid-forward. Many compare it to a mini-humbucker, but I always found those to be really bright sounding, where the clear tone of the NF is more across the spectrum, at least to my ear.

I guess it’s best to say the NF is its own thing. It’s a versatile pickup.
Well done and so glad u were able to find a NF3 u liked . What a guitar. Never sell this one

Following your lead, my friend. :)

Fired for selling the first one.
Re-hired and also promoted for acquiring this beauty!
Congrats!

Yeah, I definitely zigged when I should have zagged there. This one is making its final stay in a UPS truck.

Looks like your cash offer beat out my trade offer. Congrats! Welcome back into the club.

He has several great guitars for sale. Robert seems to be a nice guy, and we got it done. I’m looking forward to getting this one in the Band Cave.

Yeah!!! That’s awesome Rick! Glad you found the one (or one like it) that got away. I love white guitars! I don’t have any but I love them! Congrats on the score buddy!

P. S. I think the late queen would approve! Hmm…does that mean I should name my newest acquisition “King Charles III”? Since it won’t be here until Monday?;)

Charles has sure waited his turn! So Monday isn’t too far off. Lol

QE II has my full respect and admiration, so it’s as much of a loving tribute as anything. My way of keeping her in my world. She is a standout in a very narrow field of quality leaders.

Congrats !!!! Sweet Guitar
Always wondered what a NF3 sounded like

I made a whole thread with a demo for this exact reason.

Granted, the scale length and body material is slightly different but on the whole, I can get similar tones to the NF3 with the SAS.

I've been meaning to sit down and record more and particularly do something high-ish quality with the 25th anniversary swamp ash special I got a few months ago to showcase how versatile it is in a mix through all pickup combinations.

The recent talk of NF3s and such has really been a good motivator to get this done.

This starts at the neck and goes through all 5 factory positions clean. Then the neck, middle, and bridge alone. Each pickup selection is one pass through the phrase.

Lol! I can’t do that anymore, it makes me too anxious and aggro.

Now I don’t even check tracking, I just go about my day and get pleasantly surprised. Took me a long time to get to this place though. :p
Ditto. Now, I just wait by the front door, or look out the kitchen window when I order a pizza.

Nice! Waiting on the porch all day today?
Pretty close! Been putting off today’s workout in fear I wouldn’t hear the door!

Well, she arrived safely and I plugged her in to the Axe Fx III and the next 15 minutes has one question resounding in my head: What on earth would have made me sell one of these? This guitar is totally it’s own zone, and you can do just about anything on it.

I also realized my other one was a translucent finish, whitewash I think it was called, and this one is opaque antique white. I really like the look, and the two toned birds in a fretboard that has some nice color variation comes together in a great way. Elated to have this one in the guitarsenal again!

Coey9ZC.jpg

Quite a while back, I bought a white NF3. I dug it, gigged it for a while, then did the idiot thing… sold it. Suddenly a well known player started using them, C19 became a thing, and they vanished. When one could be found in good shape, the price was just too high for me. Today, I found that right combo of nice guitar and livable total cost. It’ll cost me several hundred more than I sold my last one for, but it’s got the rosewood and birds I would have preferred, so it’s a decent value to me. I’m looking forward to those pickups again!

The wife, bless her soul, just chuckled and said she knew I’d eventually find another one. I don’t name my guitars as a matter of course, but this one will be known as Elizabeth. Keeping the memory alive. :)

k7OR9Ko.jpg
Good on ya.

Back