OldAndInTheWay

This post has been deleted by OP for being pointless, redundant and obtuse.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Man I love a Swamp Ash PRS guitar, very distinct tone! Probably stood out well I'm the mix with that band?

Btw, glad you stayed...

Sometimes you just run into guys who are, for whatever reason, anti-social. It's cool that you got a chance to show what you can do, and cool that one of the guitar players seems to be on your side. It's happened to me too--some people make snap judgements based on first impressions. I had polio as a baby--I've walked with a limp all my life--and some people think I won't be able to play from seeing me walk in the club. There used to be a club in Sacramento, CA, called the Yellow Rose, with a stage that was maybe four feet high, with the only access up the front, no steps, and maybe an inch-deep toe-hold about halfway up. I went to sit in one night, and I had to hand my guitar up to the steel player and literally crawl up there on my hands and knees. He told me later that he was wondering if I could play or not--his thought upon watching me struggle was, "This guy REALLY wants this bad!" Since then, I've done numerous gigs and a few recording sessions with that guy, played in the house band at that club for a while, and he and I were in the band for a Sacramento production of the play "Always, Patsy Cline". Luckily, he didn't come off negatively to me at all--we've been friends for years--but some people aren't so civillized. One guy told me once that I don't walk like a guitar player. To which I replied, "Gee, I didn't know the gig involved strolling..."

Sometimes you just run into guys who are, for whatever reason, anti-social. It's cool that you got a chance to show what you can do, and cool that one of the guitar players seems to be on your side. It's happened to me too--some people make snap judgements based on first impressions. I had polio as a baby--I've walked with a limp all my life--and some people think I won't be able to play from seeing me walk in the club. There used to be a club in Sacramento, CA, called the Yellow Rose, with a stage that was maybe four feet high, with the only access up the front, no steps, and maybe an inch-deep toe-hold about halfway up. I went to sit in one night, and I had to hand my guitar up to the steel player and literally crawl up there on my hands and knees. He told me later that he was wondering if I could play or not--his thought upon watching me struggle was, "This guy REALLY wants this bad!" Since then, I've done numerous gigs and a few recording sessions with that guy, played in the house band at that club for a while, and he and I were in the band for a Sacramento production of the play "Always, Patsy Cline". Luckily, he didn't come off negatively to me at all--we've been friends for years--but some people aren't so civillized. One guy told me once that I don't walk like a guitar player. To which I replied, "Gee, I didn't know the gig involved strolling..."

yeah, people can be such dicks at times. i've never understood that attitude. makes me question where we are on the "evolutionary scale", not very far i'm afraid. give a person a hand up and some encouragement, it's way easier to be nice until you have a reason not to be. i've read some of the posts on the forum and everyone has their own struggles. some very, very difficult. life can be difficult and there are no guarantees. i know there are a lot of people who have it way worse than me, i also know that there are a lot of people who have it way better than i do. mine are just mine. i've had a lot of death in my life ... what can i say? it's been a rocky road at times.

man, i think way too much.
keep rockin'.

Last edited:
Back