NUVD - 'regular' Vela

xjbebop

Yippy ki yay...
I've owned 2 Vela's for awhile, but they are both 'special'. A prototype satin finish Vela I got about a year before the satin finish was available as a production model. Then I had to have one of the LE reclaimed models when they were announced.
I really love the Vela model and have proclaimed many times that it is the most unique model that PRS makes.
For some time now I've wanted a 'regular' Vela to play as a daily driver so as to save wear & tear on the 'special' ones. I recently stumbled upon an exceptional deal on one, but as fate would have it, it's rather special also.
It was owned by Zach of Mythos Pedals ( https://mythospedals.com/ ), and you can see it and references to it on a number of his videos and social media posts. He had upgraded the controls with top shelf components and swapped the bridge pup with an Xotic 'Raw Vintage' unit. He had dropped the price to a 'can't refuse' level, including the original bridge pup, gig bag and case candy. Can you say "SCORE!"?
There is only mild wear on it and it plays and sounds exceptional. So my daily driver Vela arrived properly hot-rodded and I plan to play it on a regular basis. Covers about all the bases for my needs at the moment.
Loving it!

PcZHSzE.jpg

fyCcmm1.jpg

GxEQPSq.jpg

Congrats, the gloss white looks sweet! My satin burst should be here Monday, can’t wait to join the Vela club!

Welcome to the club!!!! I have been singing the Vela praise for quite a while.

Thanks... actually, I was an early adopter of the Vela. This was my 3rd one, as mentioned in the original post. Need to get a group pic one of these days...
Pretty sure I already posted this a while back, but this is my Myth Vela in it's current state...

OD1KtJr.jpg

Railhammer version 1 'Tel-90' works perfect for this, plus a tone P/P for phase switching in the middle position..

Back