Now I really hope I'm done for awhile! NHBD!

mapleleaf14

Well after declaring I was done for awhile last weekend, I have added another new PRS to the stable...

2013 Hollowbody II in Makena Blue.

( and again, sorry for the lousy iPhone pics...you'd think a semi-professional photographer would take the time to use his D4 and appropriate lens! )

0BA0083A-0FB9-476F-9AA4-C5A6FF90719B-10081-0000050B56E0520A_zps7b32b639.jpg

4B3CA9F9-2D53-4C5D-8905-BCC4D0DFC900-10081-0000050B62A59222_zps44e364c2.jpg

C06D66FE-C4E2-4FC6-8915-53476629C9D3-10081-0000050B6EBB743C_zpsf4467ace.jpg

Thanks to Shawn for confirming that the '13 HBII's don't have neck binding and have new birds.

I'm still trying to get used to the "non solid" feel of the guitar...it feels like a $400 Schecter semi-hollow (and I don't particularly care for that!). I'm also a bit "meh" on the Makena Blue - looks a bit cheap since the top is far from a 10-top. This is the first PRS I've brought home that I'm not doing back flips for, so maybe that's telling me something. I'll give it a good playing this weekend and go from there.

I think it's a pretty guitar; I like the blue-to-greenish fade.

There are an awful lot of differences between that guitar and a Schecter...

I like the color as well. I remember I was excited to get my HBII, and then I never really bonded with it. I felt the same way as you...just used to something a little more solid in my hands. If I could have afforded to keep it, I probably would have, but it wasn't a difficult decision to sell when G.A.S. drew me to something else. I do like semi-hollow guitars, though.

Congrats, I guess? Seriously though, I appreciate your candor because something about like this leading in my GAS race towards the Experience, and it's good to hear some things people find difficult to adjust to along with all the praise I read.

Hope you do end up enjoying it though.

I think it's very nice looking. As a HB2 fan...I'd say play it and listen...record & compare to your favorite SB guitars. They do some things a SB guitar just doesn't.

I'm still trying to get used to the "non solid" feel of the guitar...it feels like a $400 Schecter semi-hollow (and I don't particularly care for that!). I'm also a bit "meh" on the Makena Blue - looks a bit cheap since the top is far from a 10-top. This is the first PRS I've brought home that I'm not doing back flips for, so maybe that's telling me something. I'll give it a good playing this weekend and go from there.

You can send it to me, bro! My mouth was literally hanging open looking at the pics.

Very nice machine. I would love to play an HB through my rig. That's what happens when you belong to the "buy all the PRS guitars you can afford" camp.

If I was in a Jimmy Buffet cover band this would be the ultimate guitar.

Ok, ya'all talked me into giving it a chance!

Between it and my new DGT that I just got, I'll be playing A LOT this weekend!

Back