Suggestions for Case for Custom 22.....

zozoe

Greetings,, as exposed in another PRS newbie thread, I've gone and done it again~
Now I need a few suggestions for some SAFE soft or semi-soft gig bags for this baby.... Tight fitting and proper!! I'm not touring right now, nor am I even gigging, but that's bound to change..... But in the meantime, in want snug, safe, & not an arm & a leg.... or a neck
Thnx in kind~

Mono brand soft cases get a lot of love on many different guitar forums. There are also great gig bags from Roadrunner, Gator and many other. The best thing to do is take the guitar to the store and try the gig bags on it and see what you find out works the best. The soft bags PRS sends out with the SE's is just a regular inexpensive gig bag, nothing very special.

I recently purchased a hybrid case from Gator, soft shell case with a hard shell case type liner.. Love these! Super lightweight, great price and they seem to be decent quality. Probably wouldn’t check one on a plane but for storage and local travel they are perfect! Also they won't scratch or scuff your car’s interior like a hard shell case can.

There are several truly impressive soft bags with lots of protection on the market, and at a certain quality and price level, it's hard to go wrong with one of the competitive brands.

I found that the Mono, Reunion Blues Continental, Gator Icon, and Gruv Gear Gigblade 3 were comparable, and it became a matter of what details I preferred.

My son tours and does fly dates with a Mono double guitar bag. He has no issues, and the thing looks brand new after a tour. I picked the Gig Blade 3, I liked the features more, but could have lived happily with any of the above.

I'm confident enough in the Gig Blade that I use it with my Private Stocks - and I'm usually pretty careful about bags and cases, but haven't had a moment of worry.

But honestly, I'd do the same with any of the others, they're all really good. We live in a wonderful age of great guitar gear!

Back