Not Mrs. Santa's sister... (ZM NGD!)

xjbebop

Yippy ki yay...
Mrs. Santa (aka Mrs. Bebop...) surprised me with a Christmas NGD! This beautiful SE ZM.
I had spotted it at the local GC a while back but didn't pay much attention as my thoughts have been focused on the new Vela I recently got. I must have said something about it to her and so she picked it up on her way home Christmas eve. Lucky Me!
I can't believe this guitar has been hanging around GC for over 3 months virtually untouched. Seems the guitar gods intended it to be in my care. Needs a little TLC and set up adjustments, but now I understand what all the fuss is about. This is an exceptional guitar. Even in stock form. And IF one wanted to change pups and add push-pulls, this is a fabulous platform to work with.
I really like the VS finish and the wacky flame pattern on this one....

0988.jpg

0991.jpg

0992.jpg

0995c.jpg

1001.jpg

I was surprised how orange the back / sides look in the sunlight. I like it!

Special shout out to my lovely wife! She's the love of my life and the best life partner I could ever hope for. I only wish I could spoil her as much as she does me...

Wishing a healthy and prosperous 2016 to everyone out there! --ROCK!--

That's awesome....wife and the guitar. I keep pushing these off, but they keep creeping back onto my radar.

+1 on the Amber knobs

Gorgeous guitar!

I'd show my wife this thread and say, "See? Look how nice this guy's wife is to him!"

But then she'd shop for guitars for me. And she'd...find...out...how.....much.........they..............cost......

And I'd be in a world o' hurt. ;)

Thanks all!
Finished my TLC routine. Filed & smoothed the sharp fret ends, swapped the controls around (putting the bridge pup volume next to the bridge pup...), made sure everything is tight, clean/polish/restring (one of the thirstiest fretboards I've seen in awhile!!). I also thought about amber knobs, so I dug these out to try. Might order in some amber speed knobs for it...

1012.jpg

1014.jpg

The top is impressively three-dimensional and deep for a veneer. So far, she's a keeper!

I just don't get it with the trampas green version, but this one is awesome dude. congrats , The amber knobs look way better than the stock ones. enjoy.

That looks great! I love the amber knobs. And with that finish (what a great flamed finish!), the zebra pups look really good. (They seems out of place on my Spalted ZM).

Very nice guitar and gift ! I love my ZM. Yesterday I really wanted to go to NStuff Music and get a S2 Singlecut...but after 20 minutes playing my ZM, I thought, why bother, I get what I want from this less expensive guitar. Here's mine with amber speed knobs and brushed nickel pup covers.

11707892_10207112156951667_741080095562293615_o.jpg

I love my ZM. Yesterday I really wanted to go to NStuff Music and get a S2 Singlecut...but after 20 minutes playing my ZM, I thought, why bother, I get what I want from this less expensive guitar. Here's mine with amber speed knobs and brushed nickel pup covers.
Thanks again... The more I play it, the more I like it! Really impressed.
Great photo BeerBatt... and as good as these stock pups sound in this guitar, I'm going to have a tough time resisting some covered pups in the future as well... Just seems to be crying out for them.

Back