Not Mrs. Santa's sister... (ZM NGD!)

'Grats on the awesome scores! (Both wife AND guitar!)
I may be in the minority, but I dig the subtle color variation of the witch hat knobs (how it varies from yellowish to dark orange like the flame on the top).

Awesome surprise, and agreed one of the nicest ZMs around. Definitely dig the amber knobs as well.

Thanks again... The more I play it, the more I like it! Really impressed.
Great photo BeerBatt... and as good as these stock pups sound in this guitar, I'm going to have a tough time resisting some covered pups in the future as well... Just seems to be crying out for them.

The pups in my ZM are the stock 245 humbuckers. I just bought two rare nickel covers and gave them the brushed finish with a 3M Scotch Brite pad. They sound fine to me, and I'm looking to drop $300 plus to find some USA core pickups right now

Interesting. I was thinking about trying the same thing but concerned about how it might change the tone/voice of these pups. Right now I'm pretty happy with them as they are.
So you did you notice any changes with the covers??

Interesting. I was thinking about trying the same thing but concerned about how it might change the tone/voice of these pups. Right now I'm pretty happy with them as they are.
So you did you notice any changes with the covers??
The covers took a touch of the treble off, but nothing like extreme muddiness - just enough that I noticed on the neck pup, as I didn't like the brightness of it without the covers.
I play mostly blues and jazz, so I was hoping for a warmer tone. I've got them set slightly lower than the PRS spec and the high E pole screwed down a half turn on the neck pup for a nice balance for my tone.

Thanks for the reply. My first thought about adding covers was really just for the appearance, but I've decided to hold off for awhile. I'm quite happy with it as is at the moment.
We'll see how I feel about it after a few more weeks..... ;)

I've realized that my favorite thing about this guitar is the feel... the neck is super comfy for me and the body sets and balances just right.
Then the tone & voicing is pretty darn pleasing... making me happy anyway...

Very nice! Congrats!

My ZM in VS will be at my doorstep tomorrow. Bought it from Music Store Live. I hope it lives up to the hype. I bought it because I have a Bernie is totally smokes every Gibson that I've ever owned. I'm planning the raw nickel brushed covers with PRS ivory rings, amber knobs, and a bone nut. I'll be sure to post a NGD thread.

Back