NGW, starting today: Bonnie Pink and Blue Fade Custom 24s, Eriza Verde Custom 22

There's been an incredibly high turnover rate with my PRS guitars over the past year as I was in full discovery of which models and neck shapes worked best for me. Also, let's say going on a shopping spree was one way to deal with a few other things.

Out of the 6 bought since last summer only two are left and one of them is kept for the wrong reasons (Northern Lights finish) and will likely be sold eventually.

I totally get this. Now you know what you like, so it was worth the effort.

Congrats on the first guitar. I love the natural back with that sick green top.

Unfortunately the first impression isn't the most positive one. The neck shape feels substantially thicker and borderline uncomfortable compared to the Paul's Guitar and MEV.

I don't think it's necessarily the thickness,it has more to do with this neck having more shoulders. Seriously considering buying the PG back and returning this CU22...
Or it could be that since I didn't play the Pattern neck for couple weeks and instead played thinner necks I just got temporarily used again to thin necks.

Last edited:
Well they did deliver it after all.
Better late than tomorrow, so here is a CU22 Eriza Verde with 10 top quilt:

B6NPcmo.jpg

1NNWDVH.jpg

emWYTeY.jpg

Under more normal lighting conditions (in person it looks more like a highly radioactive/vivid green than it does in those pics):

Q7xv7jv.jpg

e7uvqzK.jpg
Dude! That's hot! I've got that wood combo on my WL 509 and love it. Enjoy!

Great top! Especially like the quilt pattern on the left horn.

Thanks !

I hesitated quite a bit getting that one as the dealer's pics made it look like the figuring was dying bellow the bridge and also showed a substantial amount of run out between the two halves:
300355.jpg

In reality there's plenty of figuring anywhere, and the run out isn't visible at most angles.

Chattoyance is great on this top, and the color really explodes under a spot light:

Aside from that, having spent more time with it I would say I was probably already used to the thinner necks and the neck feels about right now. It does have more shoulders than the Paul's Guitar which had a slight V feel to it.

Round 2.

This one is from Chuck Levin's: 7.6lbs, 85/15 TCI (don't really care ;-) ), Pattern Regular, Brazilian RW fingerboard/curly maple neck, smoked black HW.

I was surprised it's an older October 2019 model, this is great as I get a more durable finish ;-)
Normally these things sell quick but they hadn't listed it online anywhere which might explain; I noticed it by pure accident in the background of one of their recent Instagram videos.

Neck feels good, a tad thin feeling but great nonetheless. It's very well weight-balanced.

For those interested they also had a curly maple one with translucent blue back, same weight and specs as the quit top. See last picture below.

6R0R0vx.jpg

xPP4yS8.jpg

cTONGJD.jpg

RD7rRPN.jpg

And the extra one up for grabs:
ICgersX.jpg

Oh man, I love the blue one. That’s a really great top. These color fades are really cool.

Daaaaayum!!! Those are both stunner! Congrats on the snags!!!

Back