NGW, starting today: Bonnie Pink and Blue Fade Custom 24s, Eriza Verde Custom 22

docteurseb

It's very unusual but I expect two guitars this week.

No carved snarling tiger or bald eagle yet, sorry.
They'll be very colorful though: green and blue (sorry @sergiodeblanc ).

There's been an incredibly high turnover rate with my PRS guitars over the past year as I was in full discovery of which models and neck shapes worked best for me. Also, let's say going on a shopping spree was one way to deal with a few other things.

Out of the 6 bought since last summer only two are left and one of them is kept for the wrong reasons (Northern Lights finish) and will likely be sold eventually.

The Paul's Guitar from May is already gone but was the real eye opener.
The neck felt right at home and it's the reason I went for a MEV a month later. Pattern Thin now feels at times uncomfortably thin. I'll try to stick to Pattern Regular and Pattern from now on.

I find I also much prefer satin necks and light guitars (7-7.5lbs), or rather very weight-balanced ones. They can be close to 8lbs as long as they don't try to butt dive
Gloss isn't completely ruled out as long as it's nitro; I just prefer the feel of the Private Stock nitro (and now Core) than their poly somehow.

Last edited:
Waiting in anticipation!

Me too, but I don't anticipate receiving it before 6-8pm Pacific time. Plus it's a nitro finish and it's 90F outside today so I'll have to wait couple hours before opening the case. (Tried to put it on will call so I could pick it up in the morning but that was disallowed by the shipper)

Guess it won't be starting today as UPS changed from 'out for delivery' to 'in transit'. Tomorrow maybe/hopefully

Well they did deliver it after all.
Better late than tomorrow, so here is a CU22 Eriza Verde with 10 top quilt:

B6NPcmo.jpg

1NNWDVH.jpg

emWYTeY.jpg

Under more normal lighting conditions (in person it looks more like a highly radioactive/vivid green than it does in those pics):

Q7xv7jv.jpg

e7uvqzK.jpg

B6NPcmo.jpg

1NNWDVH.jpg

emWYTeY.jpg

Under more normal lighting conditions (in person it looks more like a highly radioactive/vivid green than it does in those pics):

Q7xv7jv.jpg

e7uvqzK.jpg
A stunner, congrats. Will be waiting for your tone and feel report.

B6NPcmo.jpg

1NNWDVH.jpg

emWYTeY.jpg

Q7xv7jv.jpg

e7uvqzK.jpg
Great top! Especially like the quilt pattern on the left horn.

B6NPcmo.jpg

1NNWDVH.jpg

emWYTeY.jpg

Q7xv7jv.jpg

e7uvqzK.jpg

Beauty!

Sweet top!

Back