NGD: Whoa Black Betty Santana-lam!

Is that good or bad? Math scares me.
My, admittedly poor, attempt at humor. It's Planck's Law of Blackbody Radiation/ Whenever I see one of those sweet flat finished, black, PRSs, I think to myself: "makes me think of a realization of the idealized concept of the blackbody"
In physics, a blackbody would absorb all frequencies of EM radiation.
In short: sweet axe. It makes me geek out in two directions!

My, admittedly poor, attempt at humor. It's Planck's Law of Blackbody Radiation/ Whenever I see one of those sweet flat finished, black, PRSs, I think to myself: "makes me think of a realization of the idealized concept of the blackbody"

No, that’s rad! I just had no idea. That’s one of the great things about hanging here, so many smart people.

Head.Blown.

Imagine if it could be refinished in Vantablack.

This astronerd greatly approves!

Imagine if it could be refinished in Vantablack.

DUUUUUDE!!

I was going to suggest this. Great minds think alike.

I want someone to do this so bad. I also want someone to do this to the panelling behind their amp tubes too. The tube glow would be so much more visible.

edit: they do have a spray version that's similar now but still mega pricey

DUUUUUDE!!

I was going to suggest this. Great minds think alike.

I want someone to do this so bad. I also want someone to do this to the panelling behind their amp tubes too. The tube glow would be so much more visible.
I remember reading about how artistic applications of Vantablack is being bogarted by some dude and as a result someone made a similar paint that's almost as light absorbing called Black 2.0 that anyone except the guy who's hogging all the Vantablack can buy.

That’s the one I initially tried to buy.
What do you mean "tried to buy"? Did Dave's deny you? Or did it sell from under your nose?

xUhEyZg.gif

[and subsequent discussion]

The interesting thing about the (classical physics) model of blackbody radiation is that it should result in a whole lotta x-ray and UV radiation, but of course it doesn't. Planck came up with a theory, and tada, the above equation.

See, for example:

https://physics.weber.edu/carroll/honors/failures.htm

Yeah, I have a (now very expired) degree in Astrophysics.

What do you mean "tried to buy"? Did Dave's deny you? Or did it sell from under your nose?

They have certain additional safeguards in place to fight fraud. So since my home address was the second address on my bank card, and not the first “verified” address, they canceled my order.

I mean, they were very nice about it though.

Back