NGD: well, kinda sorta but not really...

WD 3D

Green is the new blue...
Perhaps you remember from a few months back the tail of my acquisition of the royal blue 30th Anniv CU24 PS from a dealer on Reverb (not an authorized dealer, mind you...). I was totally taken by the initial pictures like
a7anYGv.jpg

But then I got the guitar shipped to me and it just looked nothing like what I had expected. I love the color blue and really am not fond of green that much. So anyway, I opened up the case and what I actually had was a very green guitar as the blue had transmogrified into something completely different. Perhaps you remember
XZkF0EF.jpg

Well I did actually love the guitar but just could not get past the color so I decided to send her back to Shawn and the PTC. They worked with the PS team and gave my girl a makeover. In addition to a dye job, the PUP rings were changed to black as well as the switch cover. After a quoted makeover timeframe of 12 weeks, Shawn called yesterday to say she was done in just half that time. Well, here is the unveiling of what is for sure something that is immediately a family heirloom that will be passed down in my family for generations. My eldest son has already called dibs upon my death and I just hope this doesn't entice him to hasten my demise... in any case, I present the work of the PTC and the PS team and the makeover of my 30th Anniversary Custom 24 Private Stock guitar in Northern Lights.
fBgjQJV.jpg

nU490Mh.jpg

Can I get a HELL YEAH! Thank you Shawn, the PTC and the PS teams for making this dream come true!

So..the recipe for Northern Lights really does involve a lot of time:

1. Stain in Royal Blue.
  2. Leave in sun for 5 years?
  3. Add some purple/violet and who knows what.

Tada!

No wonder they won't do it for regular core or AP guitars - all the current Northern Lights guitars were made five years ago...

Willcutt and Dave’s have done WL runs with NL finish. I find the color varies substantially depending on the wood grain.

This one looks amazing.

So great to hear a very happy end to your tale! Enjoy for a long time, tell the young lad he will have to wait his turn!;):D

Back