NGD: Tremonti 10-Top Fretboard Flaw?

If it makes you crazy, go back and forth with a dry toothbrush. It should take abut 45 seconds.

Thanks! I did as you said and after about two minutes maybe 90% of it is gone. I'm going to wipe her down and give her a proper cleaning this weekend. At that point I'll grab some lemon oil and a finer brush to get ride of the TINY amount that remains.

I just want to say that the guitar is beautiful, plays like a dream and sounds absolutely immaculate! I've wanted a PRS for over 5 years and it was totally worth every penny

Don't use "lemon oil" unless you really want to clean the board. You never know what's in that stuff--- pressed lemons and most of the time also some sort of mineral spirits or naptha. It is by design a degreaser, meaning it pulls the oil from the wood in the process of cleansing. Your board is clean but dry.

If that is your goal, have at it. If you want the board to look darker and feel slicker, try Fret Doctor. I also like Lizard Spit fretboard conditioner and have heard good things about Gerlitz Guitar Honey. I want my rosewood to look like a smooth, dark, vintage played-in board. So I never use lemon oil.

Don't use "lemon oil" unless you really want to clean the board. You never know what's in that stuff--- pressed lemons and most of the time also some sort of mineral spirits or naptha. It is by design a degreaser, meaning it pulls the oil from the wood in the process of cleansing. Your board is clean but dry.

If that is your goal, have at it. If you want the board to look darker and feel slicker, try Fret Doctor. I also like Lizard Spit fretboard conditioner and have heard good things about Gerlitz Guitar Honey. I want my rosewood to look like a smooth, dark, vintage played-in board. So I never use lemon oil.

Thanks for the in depth response! I guess I have more options to look into, which is always good.

Back