NGD - Studio

mapleleaf14

Picked up this Vintage Burst 2012 Studio today from GC Ron at the Cincinnati location GC! (Great guy that Ron!)

CBA2536B-4B76-4A63-B094-29D94919E01A-4626-000002482C68A6C4_zps8ea9f628.jpg

I wish I could get an uncovered 57/08 for this...I think an uncovered humbucker would like great with the two Narrowfields. Maybe I'll put a 59/09 in it...are those coil tappable?

Last edited:
Gorgeous! Nice grab! I see you have quite a few PRSi in your sig. How about a family shot? Have you considered any PRS Amps yet? :biggrin:

Dig it!

A squabbin PU looks great next to the NFs (the corners have the same radius IIRC). 59/09 is a great match for the NFs IMO, they're musical and work great with gain and make for one very flexible guitar.

They're 4 conductor so will work with any kind of switching.

Dig it!

A squabbin PU looks great next to the NFs (the corners have the same radius IIRC). 59/09 is a great match for the NFs IMO, they're musical and work great with gain and make for one very flexible guitar.

They're 4 conductor so will work with any kind of switching.

Excellent - thanks for the info.

Gorgeous top!! I've been meaning to try out a Studio sometime to see what it's like. Congrats on the new addition.

Congrats man! I have a Swamp Ash Studio, killer guitar! :D The NF pickups are great, mine has a DGT (uncovered) in the bridge and it works quite well with the NF pickups too.

Very pretty. Love the reverse chevron thing you've got going on there.

Photos do not due the guitar justice. Super strong non 10 top.

Picked up this Vintage Burst 2012 Studio today from GC Ron at the Cincinnati location GC! (Great guy that Ron!)

CBA2536B-4B76-4A63-B094-29D94919E01A-4626-000002482C68A6C4_zps8ea9f628.jpg

I wish I could get an uncovered 57/08 for this...I think an uncovered humbucker would like great with the two Narrowfields. Maybe I'll put a 59/09 in it...are those coil tappable?

First off....love the Studio! She's a beauty!
Second, I've swapped out the 57/08 covered on both of mine for uncovered pups and love it. I put a Bare Knuckle Cold Sweat in one and a 50/09 in the other. The Bare Knuckle kills the 59/09. If I had another Studio and I'm sure I will get one, I'd contact the PTC about them installing an uncovered square bobbin 57/08 in it. They won't sell you one outright but I believe they will hook you up with one at the PTC.

If you do try that let us know the outcome, I'm sure to be in that position sooner or later. Heck, I might send them the one with the 59/09 for a uncovered 57/08!

Purple Hazel w/ BK Cold Sweat

Artist Studio with 59/09

I may part this one even though it's awesome, but for the same reason I have parted with the other trem guitars - I can't get to the point where I like the trems! Unfortunately, I'm realizing more and more that I'm a fixed bridge, wrap tail kind of player. Even if I were to "block" the trem, it still feels different to my hand than the other PRSi in my collection.

There were two others I've had my eye on along with this one, one was the DGT I played and liked, but it too has a trem and the other was a 408 that I almost bought a month ago with a wrap tail...I'm thinking I may suck it up and pay the price difference and get that one - I've had a bit of regret from not buying that one back then anyway after playing it for awhile on a couple of previous trips in to see Ron.

I still really love DGT's though, and one of these days one of them is going to force me to get it despite the trem bridge!

I hate to be a pain in Ron's backside, but I may be going to in to see him about that 408 instead! If this was a $500 guitar it might be different, but when we're talking about thousands of dollars, ya gotta be 100% on something, not 95%! If this had a wrap bridge on it, I'd keep it for sure. It looks so good, but I can't keep it only because it has a great looking top! LOL

Last edited:
Back