NGD-Special Semi Hollow is here!

New member here...I thought I’d share my latest toy!

Awesome! Just got mine last week. I’m enjoying it immensely, I hope you enjoy yours. Please post more photos!
Congrats!

gorgeous, DrCarver.
I hope you both post often how it is going with these. I am sooooo close getting one. I keep going back between a SSH and a McCarty 594 HB II. One day I'll make a decision. Maybe

Congratulations - that is great looking Special.

These are not just Special in name and I love mine - currently my Avatar pic.

I keep going back between a SSH and a McCarty 594 HB II

I wouldn't deliberate for too much longer as the Special is a Limited Edition model so will not be around for too much longer. The 594 HBii has been added to their regular core line-up and therefore may be around a bit longer.

New member here...I thought I’d share my latest toy!

JOqs0Hui_o.jpeg

j1SJh3y8_o.jpeg

5T2rqPaW_o.jpeg

LjJUNYqK_o.jpeg
wow - super jealous! Beautiful!

Not a color that I would have thought about as being appealing to me. However, this example is shockingly beautiful. The wood brings out the differing hues of purple and blue.....simply stunning.

Thanks for sharing

I wouldn't deliberate for too much longer as the Special is a Limited Edition model so will not be around for too much longer. The 594 HBii has been added to their regular core line-up and therefore may be around a bit longer.
I did not know that. That is a very important consideration I hadn't thought about. I guess I'll be driving across the river to Council bluffs!

Very nice top, is that a 5 way with 2 coil taps?

Yes it is but instead of the regular "Strat" 5 way
wiring they give you the following IIRC:

Bridge
Bridge and middle
Bridge and neck
Middle and neck
Neck

..far more useful IMHO, especially when combined with the coil taps.

...and that is a stunning guitar.
Congrats and enjoy it.

gorgeous, DrCarver.
I hope you both post often how it is going with these. I am sooooo close getting one. I keep going back between a SSH and a McCarty 594 HB II. One day I'll make a decision. Maybe

That SSH is a beauty. I’d jump on it before they’re all gone!

Not a color that I would have thought about as being appealing to me. However, this example is shockingly beautiful. The wood brings out the differing hues of purple and blue.....simply stunning.

Thanks for sharing

I feel the same way. Purple has never been my color for guitars, but this one just spoke to me. Plus it plays better than it looks if that’s possible!

Last edited:
Back