NGD : SE 24 Spalted Flame

Spalty Sam

Hello there. New to the forum, New to PRS guitars, and a member suggested to do a NGD post. So here I am. Acquired this guitar yesterday. I knew once I saw it...that it was definitely coming home with me. Just reinvigorated my interest in electrics and always wanted a PRS.
I am amazed at how beautifully it plays and I’m in love with the top. I have stalked these for the past few weeks and haven’t seen one quite like this.

Hi, I just bought a zebrawood version. I was curious how you find the tone pot compared to the volume pot? Do you find the tone push/pull pot feels a little cheap and turns too easily?

Hi, I just bought a zebrawood version. I was curious how you find the tone pot compared to the volume pot? Do you find the tone push/pull pot feels a little cheap and turns too easily?
Absolutely do! I called the guitar store and they mentioned it was “normal”
Not a deal breaker but it feels “loose”
So I’m not the only one then? lol

I am eyeballing one of these on Reverb. The idea would be to move my bk pickups into a nicer looking guitar and trade in the SE standard. However, the one I am looking at looks more red than brown. It could be a trick of the photos. I reaLily like the more “tobacco” looking spaulted tops.

I am eyeballing one of these on Reverb. The idea would be to move my bk pickups into a nicer looking guitar and trade in the SE standard. However, the one I am looking at looks more red than brown. It could be a trick of the photos. I reaLily like the more “tobacco” looking spaulted tops.
Mine has reddish undertones but is referred to as “Vintage Sunburst”

By the way, I have been looking at these for a while and your’s is about the nicest top I’ve seen.

How do you like the 85/15s? I’m afraid I might like them more than the Stormy Mondays. That would cause me to keep both guitars. That would be an issue.

I think that’s the same color. The price on Reverb is pretty hard to pass up. The wife said, “it looks just like the guitar you have”

She wouldn’t have said that if it was pink.
LOL! Whatever you do...don’t paint it pink!
I picked mine up new for $700.00
I could’ve found a slightly better price but not in this exotic wood and the spalt plus flame. I fell hard lol. Had to get it. It was a FOMO moment.

Back