NGD : SE 24 Spalted Flame

By the way, I have been looking at these for a while and your’s is about the nicest top I’ve seen.

How do you like the 85/15s? I’m afraid I might like them more than the Stormy Mondays. That would cause me to keep both guitars. That would be an issue.

Thanks for the compliment, it’s the only spalted top I liked. I’ve stalked many. Lol the pick ups seem to be pretty good thus far. They are bright. Decent low end. I am happy with its voice.

Absolutely do! I called the guitar store and they mentioned it was “normal”
Not a deal breaker but it feels “loose”
So I’m not the only one then? lol

Yeh its reassuring to me that we are not the only ones - mine is Korean made 'S23058'. So think that means it was a 2018 model. My Gretsch and Fender strat knobs all feel like the volume control but the tone definitely feels looser (maybe a bit too easy to turn). Anyway, congratulations on the guitar too - looks beautiful.

Yeh its reassuring to me that we are not the only ones - mine is Korean made 'S23058'. So think that means it was a 2018 model. My Gretsch and Fender strat knobs all feel like the volume control but the tone definitely feels looser (maybe a bit too easy to turn). Anyway, congratulations on the guitar too - looks beautiful.

Yeah it’s might be the push pull pot has some “play” in it? I’m not sure if mine is 2019 or 2018? The tag said it was packed on 9/28/18. But I believe they release the 2019’s in September or the prior year? Makes no difference to me, however mine is Indonesian from Cor-Tek.
Thanks for the compliment. Much appreciated.

I build guitars (F-style customs stuff) and while I've seen some spectacular pieces, like a one piece bubinga slab big enough to seat 12-14 people around it, I've never been in a lumber yard with spalted flame.

I build guitars (F-style customs stuff) and while I've seen some spectacular pieces, like a one piece bubinga slab big enough to seat 12-14 people around it, I've never been in a lumber yard with spalted flame.
It’s the unicorn of PRS SE Customs? LOL!! I realize it’s a veneer. But I’m still in love lol

Hi, I just bought a zebrawood version. I was curious how you find the tone pot compared to the volume pot? Do you find the tone push/pull pot feels a little cheap and turns too easily?

The tone pot knob in mine (MiK) has a bit of play compared to the volume. I'm not at a point of playing skill to consider it an issue or problem.

It is a different type of pot, push/pull vs standard, so it will feel different.....because it is different.

The tone pot knob in mine (MiK) has a bit of play compared to the volume. I'm not at a point of playing skill to consider it an issue or problem.
Yeah I’m noticing a pattern here lol. It’s still very smooth and works flawlessly. I agree with @shimmilou
They are a different type shaft.
Glad we didn’t get “the shaft” lol

It is a different type of pot, push/pull vs standard, so it will feel different.....because it is different.

43086904.jpg

Back