NGD S2 594 love

T61pQH0.jpg

I installed the 58/15 LT pickups, core pots, switchcraft pickup selector, bone nut, and vintage locking tuners. It’s hard to see but I even put in the gold screws for the rings and the pickup covers like the core version. This was a fun project using parts I already had. I prob spent less than $100 to finish this project. Total cost under $2k for a new guitar (if only I didn’t give it a good scratch on the front the first day i owned it :rolleyes:). But most importantly she plays phenomenal. And sings for days.

T61pQH0.jpg

I installed the 58/15 LT pickups, core pots, switchcraft pickup selector, bone nut, and vintage locking tuners. It’s hard to see but I even put in the gold screws for the rings and the pickup covers like the core version. This was a fun project using parts I already had. I prob spent less than $100 to finish this project. Total cost under $2k for a new guitar (if only I didn’t give it a good scratch on the front the first day i owned it :rolleyes:). But most importantly she plays phenomenal. And sings for days.

Now that's how you do it! Nice work

rWlQiRu.jpeg
I really like the asymmetric carve on the S2 series. It feels more comfortable to me than the CE, SE, or core lines with no digging in my arm when playing! I had an itch to get a 594 again and opted for a discounted S2 version over the core due to the carve (and sure i like saving $1600 over a used core). I will gut the electronics/pickups myself to go core level. Aside the birds the rest looks the same to me!
Nice sapphire metallic finish. I like in low lighting it looks nearly black and in bright light it’s a deep Pearl sapphire. Kinda matches my SS SE. I like the opaque finish. No worries about fading!! I’m undecided if I’ll change it over to black pickup rings. But damn does it play right. Feels amazing. PRS killed it with the 594 series. The Vela and 594 series have really impressed me the most with PRS offerings. Both incredible unique guitar lines and killer values in the S2 series.
MI8fz3a.jpeg
Nice.

Congrats on the guitar!

I went the same route with my S2 Thinline Antique White. Upgrade the heck out of it.

Here is what i did:
Seymour Duncan P90 (Neck) (Gold)
Seymour Duncan Saturday Night Special (Bridge) (Gold)
Switchcraft 3 way toggle (Gold)
Dunlop 500k pots
Amber Lampshade knobs
Amber switch tip
Phase III locking tuners hybrid
Full copper shielding
All cloth covered wire
Gold screws

Congrats on the guitar!

I went the same route with my S2 Thinline Antique White. Upgrade the heck out of it.

Here is what i did:
Seymour Duncan P90 (Neck) (Gold)
Seymour Duncan Saturday Night Special (Bridge) (Gold)
Switchcraft 3 way toggle (Gold)
Dunlop 500k pots
Amber Lampshade knobs
Amber switch tip
Phase III locking tuners hybrid
Full copper shielding
All cloth covered wire
Gold screws

T61pQH0.jpg

She's a beauty, Congrats.

the scratch can’t be scene in the photo. Under certain lighting you can’t see since it’s in the bevel. In other lighting it’s super obvious and an eyesore. I’m glad it’s not some super 10 top. I would have raged if that got dinged on the first day. But on an opaque like this? Natural relic process for the win. One of many I’m sure.

T61pQH0.jpg

Where did you get the gold screws? I see that PRS includes both silver and gold when purchasing things like pickup rings, toggle switches, etc, but I don’t see the screws sold separately.

Gold screws can be ordered for rings and pickups. I think I used JohnMannsguitarvault

rWlQiRu.jpeg
I really like the asymmetric carve on the S2 series. It feels more comfortable to me than the CE, SE, or core lines with no digging in my arm when playing! I had an itch to get a 594 again and opted for a discounted S2 version over the core due to the carve (and sure i like saving $1600 over a used core). I will gut the electronics/pickups myself to go core level. Aside the birds the rest looks the same to me!
Nice sapphire metallic finish. I like in low lighting it looks nearly black and in bright light it’s a deep Pearl sapphire. Kinda matches my SS SE. I like the opaque finish. No worries about fading!! I’m undecided if I’ll change it over to black pickup rings. But damn does it play right. Feels amazing. PRS killed it with the 594 series. The Vela and 594 series have really impressed me the most with PRS offerings. Both incredible unique guitar lines and killer values in the S2 series.
MI8fz3a.jpeg
Beautiful!

Back