NGD: PS DC 594 semi-hollow

RobTheBub

I have been watching this guitar for about 2 months online, debating with myself over and over. Debate ended successfully :) and it is finally here. "new old stock" PS 594 from 2017.

VMBxzTel.jpg
7eadouul.jpg
EwCLLySl.jpg

Reason for the long debate (other than not needing this level of guitar, but who does?) was that I discovered the world of PRS 4 months ago and bought a 2020 solid body 594 with the TCI pickups. It's so darn good, I was thinking that even the older private stocks would struggle to compete.

End of the day, the dealer was great and sent it over for my to try. It was awesome to have both guitars for a little while and compare in peace. Fortunately (or unfortunately for my wallet) I do clearly prefer the PS in every way. It has a little more depth and clarity, which transfers to the amplified sounds, both clean and gain. Maybe more to do with the fact that its semi-hollow or just the particular wood in this guitar. Pickups are also slightly hotter than the 2020 TCI, which I prefer. They split just as well as the TCI tuned ones and to my ears, I hear no drawbacks. Looks like they knew what they were doing with the older private stocks even before TCI :)

So it stays and I will say goodbye to the 2020. I am not a collector, have never owned more than 2 guitars at once and my main guitar gets 99% of my play time. The 2020 594 blew me away and beat out a Les Paul and a Strat I had, to the point of me selling them. This PS is unbelievably even better. Looks like I am a PRS guy all in. At normal PS pricing, it would be out of reach, but this "new old stock" was exactly what I was looking for and at wood library pricing. Happy days!

Congratulations, it's a beaut! Just make sure you have a backup PRS in case "anything" happens. We don't want you coming down off the mountain top.

Congrats, great top on that one! Love 594s, that Pattern Vintage neck carve is terrific.

That’s a killer guitar, that is.

Thanks all, definitely my dream guitar as well so feel pretty privileged to have it. Now, a backup PRS suddenly makes so much sense. Not like I gig anymore but would hate to break a string or something while performing for the cat at home :) definitely something to consider.

Back