NGD (prs se content)

Willmunny

I picked up the beauty last week locally.
Just how I like them, minty, in a case and 40% of retail.
This is my first prs and I wanted a couple of days to play it before posting.
Super lightweight, very well made and finished.
The PO had some crazy thick strings on it, they did not even sit in the nut slots correctly. Possible reason for such a low price, it wouldn't stay in tune lol
I put some 9s on it and set it up to my liking, and I love it
I hope the links work lol

That's a fine SE Custom!!! Might be a distant cousin of my Orianthi... Other than having custom wound www.zhangbucker.com pickups in it .
93649986_10217090601041192_1498287452740124672_n.jpg
20604537_10209838405780843_954054248353538133_n.jpg
:D

Can anyone tell me about the pickups in this guitar, assuming it's stock?
Doe the serial number tell me anything I don't already know?
Were pickups the same over the se series of a specific year
I made a post with a picture last night that is still waiting moderator approval for some reason
Peace

You have a 2011 model. At that point they were just labelled as PRS SE Humbuckers made by G&B in Korea. While there is some variation from guitar to guitar, many people really liked them, especially after the guitar was set up properly. Remember, all PRS pickups respond tremendously to being raised or lowered, more than any other brands I’ve ever played. Enjoy your fine guitar, and do stay.

I picked up the beauty last week locally.
Just how I like them, minty, in a case and 40% of retail.
This is my first prs and I wanted a couple of days to play it before posting.
Super lightweight, very well made and finished.
The PO had some crazy thick strings on it, they did not even sit in the nut slots correctly. Possible reason for such a low price, it wouldn't stay in tune lol
I put some 9s on it and set it up to my liking, and I love it
I hope the links work lol
Nice! And 40% of retail??? Well done. It's a beauty.

You have a 2011 model. At that point they were just labelled as PRS SE Humbuckers made by G&B in Korea. While there is some variation from guitar to guitar, many people really liked them, especially after the guitar was set up properly. Remember, all PRS pickups respond tremendously to being raised or lowered, more than any other brands I’ve ever played. Enjoy your fine guitar, and do stay.
Thank you for your kind reply. I was not planning on changing them, I just know little to nothing about prs guitars and I love to know as much detail as I can about my guitars.
The pickups sound just fine. They were set low, so that's were I left them.
Peace

Thank you for your kind reply. I was not planning on changing them, I just know little to nothing about prs guitars and I love to know as much detail as I can about my guitars.
The pickups sound just fine. They were set low, so that's were I left them.
Peace
I'd measure the current height and experiment a little. Previous owner may have adjusted them.

Back