NGD: Private Stock DC245 Trem

Turned out great, Alan!

Great finish.

Those Gold MOP birds with MOP outlines really "Pop" visually from that dark board! Killer. I am glad I did the same birds on mine, but the look is different on mine with the lighter and highly figured board. Great idea you had for the birds, they turned out great on both of ours!!

Cool that we spec'ed them together on the same day in August, and they arrived to us the same day as well. Great Christmas presents for us! ;)

Thanks again for the killer job in picking the woods for mine!

That is seriously one of the most amazing guitars Ive ever seen! Wow well done!!!!!

Amazing build Alan!!! PS is just nailing these glow finishes. I'd love to see a pic of this one and your Avatar Guitar side by side.

Awesome pair!!! Thanks again for sharing the color info with me for my recent PS build.

The finish on these guitars is excellent, but I have to say, you nailed the spec on the zebra bobbins and mounting rings. They along with the bound fingerboard and scrape binding really make the finish pop. That flame is amazing, too.

I can't avert my eyes from both of these stunning beauties...
Are the pickups identical in both? How much they do differ tonally?
Granted the trem will add it sonic character but any favorite so far?
I A/Bed them a lot just now and set the action and pickup height fairly close. They both have the 59/09 treble but the uncovered version in the trem sounds a little hotter to me. The stoptail is a tad brighter, not in a bad way, more of a mean SG kind of snarly tone. The trem version sounds a little fuller, again maybe the added midrange from the extra output. The bass pickup in the trem is a 57/08 and sounds a little beefier than the 59/09 in the stoptail. I definitely have a new favorite, but the stoptail is a close second.

Last edited:
So many nice features on that guitar- 245 Trem, zebra bobbins with mixed hardware, DGT controls, glow finish, figured satin neck, DARK cocobolo board...WELL DONE!!!

Back