NGD: P22

Anachronism

Bassist with a guitar habit
This 2012 P22 emerged from a box dropped off by a big brown truck earlier this week and I've been very impressed. Plays beautifully, the piezo sounds great and the 53/10s are outstanding. The only thing I think could improve it would be a 3 way selector for pickups coupled with independent coil splits via push/pull or mini toggles.
full

Check around these forums for the 5 way plus since push/pull coil split mod. I use it on my own P22 and it is plenty natural to use.

Congrats! 53/10s with a piezo has to be a great combo! My P22 has 57/08s and while I like it, I always thought 53/10s would be nice too.

Congrats! She's a beauty!

Congrats! 53/10s with a piezo has to be a great combo! My P22 has 57/08s and while I like it, I always thought 53/10s would be nice too.

I had a wrap around P22 with 53/10s and still have a P22 Trem with 57/08s. The comparison is difficult due to the differing bridges, but the I liked the tone better on the 53/10s and wrap around. I needed the trem, and the difference wasn't that great (I tell myself now). Of course, now I wish I would have swapped the pups before selling the wrap around! I figured I could dig up a pair of 53/10s in the future (haha!).

Thanks everyone. The more I play this the more impressed I am. These pickups are just so articulate. Combined with my 513, I really have all the tones I will ever really need (not that I don't want more).

I had a wrap around P22 with 53/10s and still have a P22 Trem with 57/08s. The comparison is difficult due to the differing bridges, but the I liked the tone better on the 53/10s and wrap around. I needed the trem, and the difference wasn't that great (I tell myself now). Of course, now I wish I would have swapped the pups before selling the wrap around! I figured I could dig up a pair of 53/10s in the future (haha!).
Mine is the wrap around bridge with a Pernie neck. I find myself gravitating more to trems these days though.

Killer guitar! I have a 2013 P22 stoptail with 57/08s and love it, but I've always wanted to try the 53/10s.

Echoing the sentiment of others, those 2012 P22's are special instruments. The 53/10's, the piezo, and the thicker body make for a wildly fun, musical guitar. I own one and it has long been my favorite (and easiest) guitar to play. Congratulations! Yours is a beauty!

I love the 5310s so I'm ALWAYS on the lookout. I think I've got two sets in my parts drawer plus a covered bridge and squabbin neck. I also have a set in a hog ce22.

Back