NGD P22-Trem

carlinchi

The problem is choice
New user here. Long time lurker. I've had my PRS story as I used to own a Tremonti and an SE Åkerfeldt. Now I have the P22 trem I just bought and a 2011 CU24. I was very adamant of buying this P22 trem as I already have another piezo guitar (a Music Man Petrucci 7 string). Well... All I'm going to say is that my jaw dropped upon seeing and hearing what this guitar can do.

I dialed my favorite amp settings and these pickups can do anything. The handtag says this 2013 model has P22 pickups and I've read they are 57/08's (although retailer's website say they're 53/10's). Anyway, humbucking sounds are incredible... I was worried about them being able to do metal, and they sound fantastic heavily distorted. The cleans are stellar too, specially the split sounds in positions 2 and 4. But what almost made my cry was the heavenly piezo sound... Oh boy. Through my favorite acoustic amp settings this guitar sounds celestial.

_20140417_195902_zpsardtdzrc.jpg

IMG_20140417_200355_zpss6yfrwqi.jpg

I'm already selling the Music Man Petrucci, and now I'm strongly considering selling my non-Custom Shop Clapton Strat and my CU24. This P22 trem can outdo the Petrucci Piezo (even though I can mess up with the pre-amp settings in the Petrucci), and the CU24. I love playing my CU24 but I've always had my doubts about the pickups as they don't fully convince me. It plays like butter but... I will not be picking it up every day after this P22 trem. So it's unfair for it to be a case queen. If I sell these 3 guitars I'll probably get something with 57/08's in it as they sound fantastic, or maybe a 408/Paul's Guitar, or an SE Zach Myers and install 57/08's through PTC... Oh well.

Anyway, here's a couple more pictures with the CU24 - I'll be sad to see her go as she has my favorite color and that 24th fret... I'll miss the owl. I'm off to playing the P22! Excuse the crappy pictures.

IMG_20140417_200108_zpsdpunmpfx.jpg

IMG_20140417_195522_zpscgvhdbwy.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! Glad to hear you like both the acoustic and humbucking sounds. Beautiful guitar. Congratulations!

Congrats! I really dig the color on your P22. Green guitars really do sound better.:)

YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME WITH ALL THIS P22 TALK!!!! i'm gassin bad for a P22 but must sell a 1985 lp gold top 1st. very nice guitars carinchi.

Thanks guys! I'll be uploading a youtube video later today. I'll be doing a cover using both the piezo and the pickups. I went to bed really late yesterday as I got the eleven rack to produce a heavenly piezo sound.

Egads: Green guitars are indeed magical. It's a shame this one is not Emerald Green (my fav PRS green) but Jade will do anyway.

randy: P22s and P24s are great. Loved both when I played them but I choose to go with the P22. You can't go wrong with either.

looking forward to your vid carlinchi. the p22 is the one i'm going for and soon i hope ;) !

Back