NGD -- Oops, I did it again ...

LindseyP

... a year ago, that is. Bought 2011 Grissom last January from Brent Moss's Guitar Shop in Ontario, Canada, picked it up from my daughter this past Christmas: ___

The neck heel on the gold top is 2.21 inches/57 millimeters down the center line. The neck heel on the teal fade is 1.9 inch/49 millimeters down the center.

The neck heel on the gold top is 2.21 inches/57 millimeters down the center line. The neck heel on the teal fade is 1.9 inch/49 millimeters down the center.
Well that's certainly interesting! Did they change something in the carve at some point or is that the only one?

Excellent pair. DGTs are killer. Like you need to be told with two of them, hah!

Well that's certainly interesting! Did they change something in the carve at some point or is that the only one?

The goldtop is an '09, the teal fade is '11. I'd be willing to bet this was changed with the switch to the newer "pattern" neck carves. Very interesting detail, looks like a nice improvement.

Also, noticed in the MODCAT and verified by comparing the feel, the new one has a Pattern Standard neck, not a Grissom neck. Subtle difference, but it's there. Most of my other PRSi have PS necks so this fits the family fine.

Ahhh. I didn't know they went away from the original DGT neck carve. Learn something new every day!

Back