NGD - NF53!

What PRS neck shape does that compare to?
It's doing it's own thing - somewhere between a Silver Sky and a Pattern Regular I suppose, but a bit thicker (depth).

NF53 spec (from product webpage):

Neck ShapePattern 53
Neck Depth at the 1/2 Fret7/8"
Neck Depth at the 12 1/2 Fret31/32"
Neck Width at the Nut1 41/64"
Neck Width at the Body2 7/32"

Other specs (from PRS neck profile page):

Neck ShapeNeck Width at NutNeck width at BodyNeck Depth at 1/2 FretNeck Depth at 12 1/2 Fret
635 JM1 20/32" [41.275]2 7/32" [56.337]53/64" [21.03]31/32" [24.58]
635 JM-R1 21/32" [42.06]2 15/64" [56.74]55/64" [21.81]63/64" [24.99]
Fiore1 21/32" [42.06]2 1/4" [57.15]27/32" [21.41]31/32" [24.58]
Pattern Regular1 21/32" [42.06]2 1/4" [57.15]27/32" [21.41]59/64" [23.39]

It's doing it's own thing - somewhere between a Silver Sky and a Pattern Regular I suppose, but a bit thicker (depth).

Makes sense because my Other PRS Guitars are Silver Sky and a Vela (Pattern Regular)...and the NF53 feels very familiar to me.

I also have to say the guitar this most feels similar to is the Japanese Fender Richie Kotzen model - except it fixes everything I didn't like about the Kotzen when I had it (I owned it twice because I really wanted to like it). The neck on the Kotzen is a baseball bat - huge. The NF3 has some girth, but it's not that big, fills the hand nicely (and I have small Angus Young hands). And the Kotzen is a great rock telecaster, but it doesn't really twang at all. Whereas the NF53 has some of that Les Paul vibe that the Kotzen has, but the twang is still in there with the NF53. And the Kotzen weighs a ton, stupidly heavy, whereas the NF53 is light and comfortable.

The one thing I have noticed is I’ve only seen two used NF53 on Reverb. That tells me people that bought because it’s a new model are keeping them.

She's still looking pretty. Definitely a keeper.

01CISxTckc7rBIS16OvaMuGlQn6LrzjnKNzVpEob.jpg

Sweet looking guitar…from your pics and your description of the neck, i think it’s right up my alley. I had a Japanese Kotzen too. It was also stupid heavy, and the reason why I moved it. I loved the concept, but the execution was awful. I haven’t had the opportunity to play an NF-53, but I know I can trust the PRS build quality.

I dig this guitar so much I need to post another pic of it. With the cold weather coming on I went and got a setup to my likes on it from Matt here in NYC at 30th St Guitars. Just got it back over the weekend and it's been in my hands constantly...

9b28bffb930f638e.jpeg

I played one yesterday. Fit and finish were as good if not better as any core I have owned or played.
The pickups are a revelation. We compared it with an NF-3 and they are very different. The NF-3 pickups are hotter, but the NF-53 pickups are truly something special. The neck, body and bridge are obviously contributing to this as well. The warmth, growl and articulation could make me forget about Les Pauls. No other T-style guitar has done that.
We also compared it with my Vela. We were pretty surprised at how close they were to each other. The NF 53 bridge pickup was a little fuller and more articulate. The neck pickups were pretty close. The in-between sound of the NF-53 wasn’t as articulate and sparkly as the Vela, but we weren’t fine tuning the EQ as much as we should have.
An amazing guitar though. If I were in the market for a T-style guitar, this would be it.

I dig this guitar so much I need to post another pic of it. With the cold weather coming on I went and got a setup to my likes on it from Matt here in NYC at 30th St Guitars. Just got it back over the weekend and it's been in my hands constantly...
Man that is so nice. Right you are about the Kotzen's, my friend had same one as yours. It was heavy, had stunning craftsmanship but I've never seen such a baseball bat of a neck. Just tried an NF53 and thought it's up there with any core in terms of build. I hope they catch on, they're so good.

Back