NGD!! McSoapy, Clean and Natural

Just picked her up a few hours ago. ‘04 McSoapy, all original, looks like it has barely been played. I’ve only spent about 30 minutes playing straight through my portable amp…but it’s oh so good

IMG-0747.jpg

IMG-8248.jpg

IMG-8249.jpg

IMG-8250.jpg
That is oh so cool. Really. In beautiful shape, too. Enjoy it to the max!

After a week plus with this guitar, all I can say is it has exceeded expectations. It plays phenomenally, which of course is no surprise. What I'm loving is the range of tones I can coax from it and its incredible responsiveness to playing dynamics. It had been many years since I'd owned a P90 guitar, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much this guitar sounds like "me". The guitar > amp tone is really the tone that lives in my head. It plays beautifully with all of my toys, and loves a bit of OD, but it needs no help to kick serious ass all by its lonesome.

Thanks to all for the kind words, I feel really fortunate to have snagged this one. Now if I could only bring myself to part with it long enough to bring it in to the shop for a good set up!!! Doesn't need much but deserves a good once over.

That fretboard looks like it has almost no play wear. Glad your Mclovin’ it.

It shows remarkably little evidence of having been played. The guy I bought it from told me he hardly ever touched it and the original owner must have forgotten he had it :D Pretty pristine for a 20 year old guitar.

As much as it pains me to be separated from her, she goes in tomorrow for a full set up and TLC from my luthier. A couple of adjustments and it’s going to be even harder to put down.

I played for about 3 hours on Saturday and really put it through the paces, ran through all the toys and did some rough recordings. Such an incredibly resonant guitar. I get happier about this purchase every day.

It shows remarkably little evidence of having been played. The guy I bought it from told me he hardly ever touched it and the original owner must have forgotten he had it :D Pretty pristine for a 20 year old guitar.

As much as it pains me to be separated from her, she goes in tomorrow for a full set up and TLC from my luthier. A couple of adjustments and it’s going to be even harder to put down.

I played for about 3 hours on Saturday and really put it through the paces, ran through all the toys and did some rough recordings. Such an incredibly resonant guitar. I get happier about this purchase every day.

It’s ok, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Back