NGD: McRosie - my first rosewood neck guitar!

:D

(Why is there no "laughing" emoji, just a grinning one? They are different emotions...)

I forgot to mention that I had also done a direct comparison of the McRosie to my SE Zach Myers, which might be the PRSi that is closest in wood and configuration, but with hog neck instead of Rosewood: hog body, maple cap, stop tail bridge (though it is a per-string intonation-adjustment bridge), kluson style tuners, rosewood fretboard. Pickups are different, and although the SE pickups at the time were considered a bit harsh by some, I put covers on mine, which seems to have tamed it just enough - at least I like the tone.

The McRosie still sounded a bit softer, as in the previous comparisons, but not miles different. Again, just like rolling off the tone knob to 8 or 9.

I dunno, I guess I was expecting a far greater difference, based on what I had read about Rosewood necks. If you handed me this guitar blindfolded, and it had a gloss finished neck, I'm not sure I woul dbe able to tell, from an aural tone point of view, that is had a RW neck.

:shrug: or maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was being serious for once.

I better market that Alnus not being a Douche TM

Played the guitar again last night, running through a few tunes with my wife on bass.

We played a few of our usual band songs that are the typical two guitars, one bass, and a vocalist (optional percussion during practice). It was just the two of us, so we played through a few tunes like we were two thirds of a blues trio: she carried the tune on bass during the leads breaks while I messed around playing rock star. Usually we just chug through the breaks with me playing the rhythm, because, I don't know, we just do.

Anyway, this guitar oozes the blues. That is the "aura" I get from it, or however you want to spin that. I think it would work well in a guitar-bass-drums trio - it's got the mid range needed for rhythm, but can do a nice lead break, especially when there are no competing electrics.

Weird, never really had a guitar speak to me as feeling specific to a "genre".

I like it!

Played the guitar again last night, running through a few tunes with my wife on bass.

We played a few of our usual band songs that are the typical two guitars, one bass, and a vocalist (optional percussion during practice). It was just the two of us, so we played through a few tunes like we were two thirds of a blues trio: she carried the tune on bass during the leads breaks while I messed around playing rock star. Usually we just chug through the breaks with me playing the rhythm, because, I don't know, we just do.

Anyway, this guitar oozes the blues. That is the "aura" I get from it, or however you want to spin that. I think it would work well in a guitar-bass-drums trio - it's got the mid range needed for rhythm, but can do a nice lead break, especially when there are no competing electrics.

Weird, never really had a guitar speak to me as feeling specific to a "genre".

I like it!
Most excellent.
I love it when a guitar tells me what it wants to be.

Back